Saturday, July 09, 2016

Help required

Little Jo is our niece, the daughter of my sister. Little M and Little Em are daughters of our niece. I am sure I worked it out it out in the past, but I have forgotten. I was thinking about it at work today and I could not work it out before I was distracted by work. R is normally smart about such things, but he too is nonplussed, maybe because it is Saturday night and the Scottish Doctor is visiting.

So what is the relationship between Little Jo, and Little M and Little Em? They will all get together tomorrow, but how do they connect in a formal sense? Cousins? Second cousins? Little Jo is their aunt?

11 comments:

  1. Hmmm! Would they be cousins? Or maybe even second cousins? No.. cousins I'm sure, almost��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, that is what I immediately thought of, just cousins.

      Delete
  2. I know not. However a chart I looked at said first cousin once removed. Something I have never understood. You can find the chart here .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC. I will examine the chart now.

      Delete
  3. I believe EC is correct, I have discussed this with our Son(The Elder One) with a brain. Ist Cousin once removed mind you it was his suggestion not mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vest, and Vest's son.

      Delete
  4. Thanks EC, I'll check that chart too, since I've never really understood relationships. I do know, or think I know, that second cousins would be Little M & Little Em and any children Little Jo will eventually have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I am not much good beyond basic family connections either. The chart was very helpful.

      Delete
  5. I am not convinced. At school there was class for clear thinking. I can't recall if I took it or not, but that is what I need to do, some clear thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would call them second cousins just for simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, yes, you are right. But not one seems that interested anyway.

      Delete