Friday, July 22, 2016

Cross Consumer

This arrived in out email inbox. Final electricity bill? Who? Which? What? Us?

Luckily it was early in the morning, so I did not have to queue when I called Origin Energy, although I did have to go through the press this button for this or that.

No, I assured Origin Energy, we have not changed to AGL Power. It was suggested that someone within the building may have changed and given the wrong apartment number. I would have thought changing suppliers would be little more complicated than that. Not happy. The person at Origin did what she had to do, gave me a nmi number or something and then transferred me to AGL and I was assured we would be changed back within a couple of weeks! and that the change would be backdated. I wish I could have faith, but I reckon this is going to get messy. I've already wasted 25 minutes of my time.



Yes, you buy by weight and that is how you should compare, in theory. As various industries describe it, there has been some settling of contents in this container of Vanish stain removing powder. It was only two thirds full. Why make the container one third larger than it needs to be? Surely not to be deceptive?


16 comments:

  1. Andrew totally agree with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course Gosia. I am always right.

      Delete
  2. Sigh.
    Good luck with the negotiations with AGL. I suspect you are right and there is messiness ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I recently moved house, the electricity company got my new supply address mixed up with my (previous, more than 3-years ago) supply address - they had the same street number.

    I wonder if austocomplete was to blame.

    They certainly don't require very much verification if you say you are moving in somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcellous, that could well be the reason, but you would think it would happen more often. I suppose someone just did not notice the different name. This sort of think never happened with the old state owned power companies, that made the electricity, delivered it to your house and billed you for it.

      Delete
  4. I've never seen a Vanish container as empty as that. I reckon someone must have poured half into a plastic bag in their handbag and walked out the shop with it.
    Hope you get the electricity sorted without too much trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn River, I should have weighed it. You could be right.

      Delete
  5. Is there any way to check to be sure that bill isn't a scam?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, while it feels like a scam, sadly it isn't and is serious.

      Delete
  6. Don't you wish you could make a mess like this just 'vanish' 😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, said with a certain mouth expression and glimmer of the eyes, nice work.

      Delete
  7. That's frustrating and you should be able to bill for the time and pain it causes you, for them to make such a mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, should we see a lawyer and sue the the pants off them?

      Delete
    2. Gawd my ears must have been burning. Pants here and definitely not off.

      Poaching of energy customers used to be very common in Britain. Every time I came back from holidays I'd find a hurt letter from my supplier claiming I'd dumped it for another. It was usually easily sorted out. Those poor souls who used to come around door-to-door evidently discovered that it was much easier to fake signatures than to recite their ghastly spiel only to be rejected over and over again.

      Good luck with it.

      xxx

      Delete
    3. Yes Pants, a bit chilly to be wearing in your Bonds briefs in public. The poaching business led my mother to a disastrous situation, that eventually out well as she has paid back her backlog bill and just pays an amount each fortnight for her electric. You feel sorry for the door to door electric sellers? So do I.

      Delete