Monday, July 11, 2016

All that glitters...

Something went wrong at Toronto's gay Pride March. I take in way to much information to properly absorb. Vaguely, black people in Toronto successfully stopped police who are supportive of gays from marching in the future. I remember seeing many non white faces in Toronto but not especially black people. Well, not really especially from anywhere. Like Melbourne, there were many people from many countries. Do your own research if you are interested. It will all be there on the information super highway. A gay policeman wrote a rebuttal to the black people who stopped police marching in support of the gay community. I won't offer an opinion as it is very hard for fat old gay white men to know what discrimination is like because of the colour of your skin. I suppose I better check that at least I did not dream this. Yes, here is an article at CBC.

Do you remember my recent post about dogs frollicking in a park, with such joie de vivre. Have a look at this link Jackie subsequently posted in a comment about Canadian PM Justin Trudeau. Look at the joie de vivre on his face.

Lest you think I am a shallow queen only focused on looks, here is a photo of the Canadian PM looking a little Prime Ministerial. There is nothing fake about his participation in Toronto's Gay Pride.


I suggested Margaret dressed her son Justin for Toronto's gay pride march. I may or may not be correct about that, but look at Margaret's current photo at the age of 68, I think (note to self, be cynical about Wiki dates of birth), shows her looking fine and without surgery. She certainly has a sense of style.


My penance for being slightly obsessed by Justin Trudeau and wanting to make babies with him is an hour next week studying what his party's policies are and Canadian politics. I will let you know if I find anything interesting, or juicy.

Nah, I'm still making Jussy sound like a pretty boy air head. The Prime Minister of Canada is an important person in the world, and we hope PM Trudeau acquits himself well among world leaders. Sorry, I just can't help myself. I bet former East German star scientist Chancellor Angela would like to snog Jussy and I bet PM Cameron would like to smack Jussy's bottom. Cammo was Eton and Oxford, you know. 'Nuff said.



19 comments:

  1. Andrew a nice photo od political leaders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Gosia, but I don't know them all.

      Delete
  2. A sadness. Exclusion definitely doesn't promote inclusion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it does not, EC. I may be wrong, but I don't imagine there is a huge black/police problem in Canada, unlike across the border.

      Delete
  3. Constable Chuck looks pretty cute too. Of course there are gay cops. I just wish the anti-gay world would wake up to the fact that there are more than two approaches to sexual attraction and none of them are a minority group.
    May PM Trudeau the 2nd live long and prosper. I wish AUS had a leader I could admire. sigh. I shall miss Prez Obama, he's been as excellent as is possible in that position. I am praying that his departing act will be absolving Julian Assange for the non-crime of embarrassing America with the truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words, Ann. Trudeau will disappoint, as they all do. They are trapped by the system, as Obama has been. The Swedes were going to interview Assange at the embassy. Was there progress after that?

      Delete
  4. shallow? hehe... I like looking at men's bums :)
    Plus I like men who play bridge and tennis well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, friend Victor plays bridge, but using a tennis reference, he bats for the other side.

      Delete
  5. I rather like Justin Trudeau.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, you are a mistress of understatement.

      Delete
  6. joie de vivre indeed and he looks happy enough even when he is not marching in parades.
    I don't understand why the police were excluded. That just seems silly to me. Blatant discrimination. Is it the uniform they object to or the profession? What if some of the marchers decided to dress up like The Village People and some chose to be policemen Village People, would they be excluded?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, good point about the Village People cop. Why, I don't know. There must be some sort of friction between the small number of black people in Canada and the police.

      Delete
  7. I think Justin Trudeau will do great things for Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith, it is a long time since a western politician left a great legacy to those who he or she has governed. Hopefully Trudeau will.

      Delete
  8. I think someone has a bit of a crush 😃 Am I right Andrew or am I right 😃 you have impeccable taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, and of course he speaks French.

      Delete
  9. Oh Canada! Living in the northeastern US, I visit our wonderful neighbor Canada as much as possible. Now is a great time to go with the US dollar around $1.30 Canadian. I admire Canada. I'm sure they feel like they live in the giant shadow cast by the US, but I can see the differences between our countries and cultures and I admire them very much for theirs. Now, I admire them just a wee bit more because of their PM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good rate of exchange Carinepa. It might be stopping many Canadians coming across the border to buy cheaper goods in the US and so, good for their own economy.

      Delete