Sunday, June 12, 2016

Victorian Lust

I know gay men think of the male anatomy and I know straight men think of female anatomy. I am watching a English period drama on tv. There is a very handsome man and as usual in a drama set in Victorian times, the female was behaving in a coquettish manner. Did Victorian women think of the male anatomy at such times? Do women now think of male anatomy with any kind of lust and not just 'an emotional connection'? Do woman lust after after the male body and all that comes with it? Is lust the wrong word? In Victorian times women would visit a doctor who with an instrument could relieve their 'tension and hysteria'. Do woman think that a male can relieve their stress and tension?

I don't have a clue. Girlfriends, cast your minds back to your youthful years and what you thought then. I am really interested to know and you can email me anonymously if you don't want to say publicly.


10 comments:

  1. There was definitely lust. And longing. Not triggered by the fulcrum of the matter though. Backs. And butts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC. You have just furthered my puzzling about the female and sex. Gay men admire the same thing, but they do have another strong focus.

      Delete
  2. Women have had to behave as the times dictate they should. Hence the coquettishness then, because if you behaved otherwise you were probably ill thought of and ineligible for society's rewards. Women, like men, know sex can relieve tension.
    Women do think of and admire male anatomy. Chests, arms, legs, butts, backs. I love strong sinewy arms with some hair on them, long legs, and big strong hands with hitchhikers thumb, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, most interesting. At times for men, sex can relieve tension but it can be for a very brief time. I am intrigued about the thumb. Do you mean a thumb that can curve backwards? I like that too.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous4:11 pm

    Good male anatomy can definitely to be lusted after at any age. And an orgasm absolutely relieves stress and tension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anon, and I would like to freak you by saying I know who you are, but I don't. An orgasm may well do as you say, but don't you first want the experience that culminates in that?

      Delete
  4. I don't remember much lust in my teens, I was a very childish teen and then I got married. Since then, there's been lots of admiration for several TV and film males, and real life men, but I can't say there's been lust or longing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, like a nice painting on the wall, you admire. I confess, I am now much the same it is a blessed relief from what I was like when I was 45 and younger.

      Delete
  5. These days I'm happy with some one to talk to, but in the past it was different.
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much like myself, Merle. Thanks.

      Delete