Thursday, June 16, 2016

The Movie Maker

Little Jo stayed with us last Sunday night. What should we do to entertain her on a long weekend? As I had a free family pass for Melbourne's aquarium, Sea Life, and she loves going to the aquarium, we along with every child, their parents, extended families and they dead relatives in Melbourne made a visit on the Sunday. Remember how I said she did not have access to devices until she was six, well she did have a personal dvd player earlier than that, used mainly on long road trips. Aside, I am astonished at what she can do on this desktop at the age of eight.

She mentioned this before but I had no idea of what she was talking about. 'Andrew, I have seen on your computer you have Movie Maker.' 'Maybe Little Jo, I don't know.' There are many things on my computer, my phone, my tablet and any other electronic device I don't know about.

She chose the photos from the shots I had taken and put this together, entirely on her own aside from checking the spelling of a couple of words. With some guidance it could have been really first class, but nevertheless, I am very impressed. It runs for 2.55.


24 comments:

  1. I am sure she was very confident to not just make the movie, but tell you how to use the software. Two way learning. Like you say, they still need us for that spelling and grammar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, she must have used the programme before. I still don't know how to use the software.

      Delete
  2. She'll come in useful when you're so old and doddery you can't remember where your Pr0n sites are.
    Since my phone is still in the box, I could use a small child for an afternoon to get it up and running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jah Teh, how astute of you. I already forget some of those sites but I am rather fickle.

      For goodness sakes, get the phone out of the box and play with it and bang you head into a lamp post like the rest of the world.

      Delete
  3. I've no doubt she'll end up a famous producer/director, with fond memories of her Uncle Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cranky, she will remember her Uncle R much better than me. He had cared for her and loved her with passion much more than I have.

      Delete
  4. Awed and impressed. And feeling inadequate. Again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I must say, I did feel a little inadequate, but then I would have resized the photos first before make the movie and submitting it to ABC 4 Kids, then to find out it is too big.

      Delete
  5. So she a clever girl and i tjink stubborn which is good in contemporary world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, yes she is stubborn. She gets that from her mother.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful job Little Jo has done...Love Movie Maker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily Margaret, I thought about you as I wrote the post, because you use progammes like that, I think.

      Delete
  7. That was very well done. Little Jo is so clever!
    I think I have movie maker on my laptop, but I'll never use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I am sure you and I could use the programme, but why would we?

      Delete
  8. Finding Nemo was lovely and a success, now we have Finding Dory and Finding LilJo. I am very impressed and will pay her good money to show me why I cannot make my new smartphone work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, your smart phone is your friend. Play with it, love it and play with it some more and all will become clear.

      Delete
  9. Goodness me she is a clever lass, running credits at the end and all! Nice work Little Jo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too bad at self promotion, was she Grace.

      Delete
  10. She did a good job. I love making movies too with windows movie maker. And I have a youtube channel, at my age. I think its really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, Movie Maker does seem like an easy programme to use and the results are good.

      Delete
  11. The young are leaving us far behind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, I would suggest left us behind.

      Delete
  12. Well done to Little Jo, that is a wonderful movie. Great photos that she captured of the aquarium.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CM, well the photos were mine, at times at her direction.

      Delete