Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Recommended

For quite some time I have been a reader of Janine's blog. Local history, a bit of the personal,  travels to Africa and to India; all have been a fascinating read. Not so long ago she began a series of posts that come under the tag of This week in Port Phillip District, read Melbourne. The posts are both serious and amusing, and tell of some of the history of our city but not in a dry historical manner. We even get the weather details from back then.

I was wondering, should I email That's So Pants and suggest, nay, insist she write something about Brexit. No need, Pants came through. Here is her Brexit post, a great read.

Blimey Blighty, what have you gone and done?

19 comments:

  1. Stop in and visit your friend blog. I'm history buff and guess that one reason I do Genealogy.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora, Pants always come through on matters of importance.

      Delete
  2. LOUD applause for Pants. And thank you for nudging us in her direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pants is good, EC, and now a personal friend just from blog. She writes well.

      Delete
  3. I read Blimey Blighty, pants writes so well. I've bookmarked her site for further reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, Pants doesn't post too often, but when she does, it is good. We know Pants. To my regret, we did come through your checkout when we were in your town, but not matter, we connect well over the internet, hey.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Andrew - and thanks also EC and River. You're all very kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Course they are Pants. I only recognise nice people on the internet.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for this link ! Excellent post ! Fortunately as far as I know all my English friends agree with her !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Gattina, you know a certain sort of people in England, who are no doubt comfortable. We have to look at what the problem is in the UK to understand why the vote result happened.

      Delete
  6. Always good to get recommendations via word of mouth. Thanx Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they were interesting to you Carol.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the heads up, Andrew. I toddled over. Very well written post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Diane, I guess you don't mean my post, haha.

      Delete
  9. Absolutely brilliant Andrew.. loved the (let's call her France) and (let's call him Scotland) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pants is very smart, Grace.

      Delete
    2. Pants is very smart, Grace.

      Delete