Friday, June 24, 2016

Kingswood Country

It is generally a friendly rivalry between Victoria where Australian Rules Football is played, and New South Wales where Rugby League is the preferred football ball game. Each code has worked hard and spent lots at getting their form of football known in other state. The world football game, soccer as it called here and in North America, also has an increasing presence in both states.

This is the final clip I will publish from Kingswood county. Ted is viewing an AFL match with some ignorance, in the company of his son in law, Bruno (The Wog).


13 comments:

  1. Andrew in the rukes are difficult for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For most people, I think Gosia.

      Delete
  2. 'Money on the fridge, wog'. Oh the memories, says a woman with at least one ex rugby player in the family. Don't think his underwear was barbed wire. Wuss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was Bullpit really his name? It sounds like an unfortunate amalgam of Bullshit and The Pits :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite intentional, I think Hels.

      Delete
  4. Came in from Gattina blog. Your little clip made me laugh.
    Stop in for cup of coffee when you have the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PL, I did not think it would translate very well for you. Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  5. Barbed wire jock straps?? Ooh, ouch!I'm not a sorts fan, but I prefer footy over rugby. Like Bruno said, at least they kick the ball.
    but sadly the game is much changed from years ago. Where are the high marks? Where are the drop kicks that often sailed down half the oval? These days it's more like rugby from the little I see on the news.
    I do love Kingswood Country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I agree. What happened to the drop kick punt and the torpedo?

      Delete
  6. Umm, sPorts fan, not sorts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite funny if unPC nowadays with its references to poofters etc.

    Of course we Northerners are far more knowledgeable about the game since Brisbane and Sydney between them won your competition multiple times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, very unPC and I doubt we will ever hear humour like that again, which is a good think, I guess. Did you win? I probably heard that at the time, but fortunately my brain is not cluttered with sports trivia.

      Delete