Monday, June 20, 2016

Damaged Goods

There is a tiny crease where my stomach meets my pubic area, an ever so tiny crease of course. Ever so tiny, I say. I felt some discomfort for a day and once home I checked and I suspect the lump I have is an ingrown hair. It hurts at times, but hopefully will cure itself. It is right where the band of my underpants sits, so I have decided to freeball for a couple of days, that is not wear underpants. Another phrase for not wearing underpants is 'going commando'. What might be the origins of these two of words be? Freeballing is obvious.

Well, the first thing I learnt is that the female equivalent is free-buffing. I am not sure that I understand that, but I have never pretended to female anatomy expert. After a significant amount of research, one minute, I will go with this following definition. It is as I thought. When it is hot and humid soldiers in the field can get crotch rot and also get rubbed raw. you don't want to have to much wet scanky fabric next to that part of your body. It is because soldiers sweat a lot and they cant take showers for days. It is one the best ways way to prevent crotch rot and rashes. I should know been there done that. Former soldier infantry and medic. .

19 comments:

  1. Tea Tree Oil from the Thursday Plantation. If you do not have this in your medicine cabinet, make sure to pick some up, it works great for this kind of thing.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoskred, my mother uses that. I prefer antibiotic cream.

      Delete
  2. Mmmmmmm! Gorgeous Scots in kilts, now see what you've done Andrew 😉 off to bed now 😃😃😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Grace, you know how closely France and Scotland were connected.

      Delete
  3. Well you've broadened my vocabulary:) I trust it is just an ingrown hair and that you get it squared away soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, I am such an educator. For want of better knowledge, I say it is an ingrown hair.

      Delete
  4. Andre a great post thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, maybe a little distasteful?

      Delete
  5. I too hope it is an ingrown hair - and grows quickly.
    This early in the day I don't want to think about crotch rot though. Or any kind of rot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, it is not nice but the tropics can be very harsh on white people.

      Delete
  6. If an ingrown hair is the worst of your troubles, you're a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that River, yet at times I struggle like a person who has not enough to eat.

      Delete
  7. You are quite daring to free buff it, however chafing and crotch rot are nothing to laugh about. I am trying to be serious, lol. Not really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, no big deal. Plenty of men do that.

      Delete
  8. Ingrown hair? I am drawn to the vision of Alien and the creature bursting out, all teeth and slime. If this happens try to get it on video Andrew dear, we could all do with a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jah Teh, you just want me to accidently lower the camera.

      Delete
  9. I wouldn't think of it, I'm already blinded by your magnificence, any icing on the cake would be overkill.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope it's gone by now. Otherwise put a really hot facewasher on it. I like to squeeze them and make them worse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has Fen. It took all my strength to not do that and end up with it infected.

      Delete