Saturday, May 07, 2016

Do I look like like a girl?

This may bring a smile to your Saturday night faces. R has been dealing with various matters with his superannuation company. Annually he must inform them about me and my status in his life. For some reason my name was changed from Andrew to a woman's name, and this is extra funny if you know my other given name.

One name I was given when I did drag about three times in the eighties was Blanche, after Blanche in The Golden Girls, perhaps based more on my behaviour than anything else. The other name was Beulah, and guess what name appeared on R's superannuation document, yep, Beulah, and apparently me being Beulah also makes me Jewish.

14 comments:

  1. All this without surgery...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I bet if you tried to change your sex with a super company, it would be a nightmare.

      Delete
  2. And you didn't even have hormone replacement therapy!

    About Beulah... my Dad's family were true hilljacks (aka rednecks or hillbillies) with the names to prove it. He wanted to name my oldest brother Rufus Aloysius. Me? He was trying for BEULAH Magnolia. Really! Thank goodness my mother gave me a sensible name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cranky, yes, you received a much more sensible name, but what a brilliant name is Beulah Magnolia. I love it.

      Delete
  3. A Jewish princess? That explains a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, I will pay that one.

      Delete
  4. :D Victor said it for me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, please ignore Victor. He is not a nice person.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes Strayer, go ahead. Laugh at my expense.

      Delete
  6. oh petal, what a gorgeous name

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as good as what Cranky's above might have been, Beulah Magnolia.

      Delete
  7. Any photos of Blanche aka Beulah aka Andrew :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I published one many years ago Grace. I may see if I can find it now.

      Delete