Thursday, April 28, 2016

I have returned, from Perth

That is the Western Australia Perth, not the Scottish Perth. Have you ever heard an educated, perhaps slightly posh Scot pronounce Perth? It is a joy to the ears.

We are just back and it is Mother day tomorrow and it is now 1:00 am here, 11:00 pm Perth time so holiday posts won't be up for a day or so. Well, that is actually today. We met Grace from Perth Daily Photo while in Perth. At some point she said, to paraphrase, it is with some trepidation I will read your opinion of Perth.

Subsequently, I tried really hard to think of a negative about Perth and the best I can come up with is that the traffic on Saturday night in the city and the inner north area of Northbridge is hideous.

All will be fleshed out in time and I am so looking forward to my own bed and my own high pressure, water extravagant hot shower in the morning.

15 comments:

  1. Welcome back.
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perth is gorgeous. Except for the boiling hot summers (we had no air conditioning back in those days) and the distance from the Eastern States, I thought it was a very attractive, friendly city with great parks, beaches and sport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, as I am sure you know by now, I hate the heat, but I do prefer dry heat to humidity.

      Delete
  3. High pressure, water extravagant shower....sounds like heaven to me.
    I haven't seen much of Perth myself, but I liked what I saw. I planned to go back one day, then I got a cat....oh well, he can't live forever, I'll see Perth again when I'm 99.
    Nice to meet up with another blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, there are such things as catterys. I'd like to say Angel would appreciate you all the more when you return from a break while he is in a cattery, but that is not my experience. Our cat around three decades ago at the time attacked our ankles and was quite vicious after her little cattery holiday.

      Delete
    2. And that's why I'll see Perth again when I'm 99. or maybe 88 :)

      Delete
  4. There is a Perth in Tasmania too. how nice to have met up with Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I should know there is a Perth in Tassie, but I did not.

      Delete
  5. Or the Tasmanian Perth :)
    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back. I have missed your numerous posts especially your rants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gee Marie, I thought you liked me for my historical research :-P

      Delete
  7. Glad you enjoyed our lovely city and met Grace too. She's wonderful! Thanks for visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure Sami. I read all you post but I spread myself so thinly at times, I don't comment.

      Delete