Monday, April 11, 2016

Dear Mal

Dear Mr Turnbull,

May I call you Mal? Mal, you have not been Prime Minister for very long and I do kind of like you, like a serf likes his master.

Nevertheless, it did not take you long to go down in my estimation. Mal, mate, I know you don't really believe in fibre to the node and not fibre to the home. You went along with The Abbott's plan, but you as a smart man did not really believe in it, so why are you persisting with it? The stupid and now quite discredited plan not only does not future proof Australian broadband, it takes it backwards to reliance on copper wires, that are apparently disintegrating as I write. It needs to be a god given right to the rich and the poor of Australia that they have affordable and fast broadband. It is basic social equity.

Your revision of the gay bullying school programme was more than disappointing. That was something that could dramatically change lives, yet you allowed it to be watered down. Kids now are not like the kids we were. They know an awful lot more than we did at their age and they smell rats very easily and quickly.

Mal, you are thinking of calling a double dissolution election over corruption within unions in the building industry, which may well be serious, but meanwhile companies, banks and foreigners rip us off, day after day, week in week out, yearly. Don't be disingenuous and tell me that we have good regulations. It is very clear that we don't, both personally and by not charged tax by your government.  Big business in Australia is seen to be corrupt by your average person and one of the strongest personal beliefs I have, it is all about appearances. That is, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is probably not a goose.

I began this post mid last week and subsequently the Leader of Her Majesty's Opposition  has called for a Royal Commission into Australian banks. I would like to see an all encompassing Royal Commission that drags all money corruption, big business nods and winks, off shore investing to avoid paying legitimate tax and foreign companies operational in Australia avoiding paying tax. I don't blame those who do this. It seems it is all quite allowed and legitimate. I blame our government for lax regulation and laws.

And what on earth was that nonsense about handing back some tax collection to the states? I know you are not stupid, Mal, and I am guessing it was done for a reason that will become clear in time.

So far Mal, I can't see that you have done anything positive for Australia during your brief tenure. Over to you now Mal.




20 comments:

  1. Sadly yes. And add the silly plebiscite on gay marriage to the mix. And Direct Action. Mr Rabbit is saying that you are taking his policies to the election. He is closer to accurate than makes me comfortable. And I worry about the 'savings measures' from the 2014 Budget. How many of them are still live?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thoughts EC. Savings measures from the 2014 budget. Fist time I have smiled all day.

      Delete
  2. Well said Andrew, I now have more respect for used car salesmen than our pollies and these last two dopes who are trying to run the country have something to do with that .
    Abbott the rabbit was my name for our last guy. the beer fairy just calls him Big Ears but this fellow is Mr Turncoat he did show promise to start but that has just gone down the drain.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merle, Mr Turncoat is terrific. Big Ears was a good name for him, but he can't help his ears. I used to call Mr Rabbit.

      Delete
  3. This is not a new Mal, he's just a shite version 2.0 and he will be tossed out like he was last time for the same reason, he doesn't work no matter how many upgrades are installed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jah Teh, we shall see. The last time he was chucked out, an extreme person was elected. Do you judge anyone in the wings?

      Delete
  4. He's fallen victim to the same old problem. The minions actually running things, (big business, the money owners) have bent his ears in too many directions and he's lost his way. Those who are supposed to rule and make the decisions are never allowed to. so when you get right down to it, it doesn't matter anymore who gets voted in or out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, early in his time I read that the party won't allow to make any controversial decisions until he becomes a properly elected PM. Ask Obama about being the president of the richest country in the world and how powerless he has been.

      Delete
  5. You are correct in what you said Andrew.
    He's rather a disappointment, but then who ever gets will be also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, your summation is absolutely correct.

      Delete
  6. I think you should send it via the PM's website. I did when I was disappointed in the way they treated that poor public servant in Hong Kong. I got a written reply from his office ~ I should share it on my blog sometime. I agree with everything you raised BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I would be very interested to hear about that HK business. I am not sure of the value of sending things directly to the appropriate high standing politician. Lower ones, yes. They will be responsive.

      Delete
  7. I would pull out my molars with a nail file before voting Conservative. Nonetheless Abbottoir was so mortifying, I positively welcomed Turnbull. Since he is not a stupid man, we have to assume Turnbull is being stymied by the faceless gnomes in the party room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perzackly! as will anyone else who gets put in a position of "power" elected or otherwise. Those faceless gnomes are holding back our country, disenchanting the people who are losing faith in their leaders faster than ever before.

      Delete
    2. Haha Hels, the faceless men in the xxxLaborxxx Liberal Party. I am quite disappointed in Turnbull, as you describe.

      Delete
    3. River, with our life times of experience, we are always going to be disappointed but didn't we have a bit of faith when we were young? How can young people possibly have faith in either major party now.

      Delete
  8. Well said (written).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate politics. This US Presidential election year is embarrassing, to say the least. It's a big joke and has brought out the worst of possible candidates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, hate politicians but politics are unavoidable in life. I must say, Donny Tramp has made it little more interesting than your usual elections. I will forecast that you will have a second President Clinton.

      Delete