Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A mixed sort of day

I have been a little unwell for a few days. I gave my body a good chance to heal itself (that could be considered as avoiding going to the doctor) but I was not getting better. I decided last night that I would call in to work sick but wait until the morning to see how I felt. I rose at the time to get ready for work, but I felt awful. I called in sick and the doctor has given me tomorrow off too. Antibiotics should be used with caution but they are certainly necessary for me.

And today, well yesterday now, was kitchen finish day with the cupboard doors etc installed and the new oven put in. I considered there would be only a ten per cent chance that our kitchen would be finished today and I was right. Miscommunication meant installation of our new oven did not happen. It was not part of the quote and while R was quite sure, I was not. I wish I could say he was correct. We have called our electrician and he may be able to do it tomorrow. But that mean the bits above and below the oven could not be installed, but! The company has to return anyway as two drawers were damaged.

With some new cupboards to fill, we did enjoy rearranging and essentially we are happy with the work done, but really, we wish it was all over. We are already used to doorless cupboards and it is slightly annoying to have to open cupboard doors. The bin that was attached to the cupboard door under the sink is no more and just sits below the sink. Instead of heading west to get my cereal box from the linen press, I must now head east to find it in the new cupboards.

Anyway, I feel like crap, so I will bid you adieu.


18 comments:

  1. Get better soon.
    I still, when tired or absent minded, reach for the knife block where it was before the kitchen overhaul...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I expect I will at times be trudging in the wrong direction for my breakfast cereal.

      Delete
  2. Make sure you write or update your will!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, mine is 3/4 written but I have hit a stumbling block. What if he or she dies before he or she, and so forth. Your comment is most unkind.

      Delete
  3. You'll get used to the new layout in no time. Just like moving house and by day two you can find the toilet blindfolded.
    Meanwhile, get yourself to the doctor if you haven't already. Flu?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I did and I am now taking antibiotics. Not flu and a bit personal.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to read you are not feeling the best.
    Speedy recovery.
    Looking forward to seeing your new kitchen..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. We are looking forward to seeing our completed kitchen. Maybe by Friday.

      Delete
  5. Oh dear ~ take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I am well on the mend and off to work tomorrow (yuk).

      Delete
  6. Andrew I am waiting for photos of your kitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, is a lack of patience a character of Polish people? :-)

      Delete
  7. I'm sure the refurbishment activity is not an aid to speedy recovery but hopefully you'll soon be back to sparkling good health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty well ok now, thanks Victor.

      Delete
  8. I hope you will feel much better soon, Andrew. I don't like to hear that you are ill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, I am ok. Much better. Antibiotics are a wonderful thing, but they must not be abused and fed routinely to animals.

      Delete
  9. When I arrived in France last week I had the same and had to take antibiotics ! and that during holidays ! Now I feel better but tomorrow I have to return home ! Awful feeling sick !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gattina, it seems like you had a lovely break and were well fed and looked after. I hope there are no missing trees when you get home.

      Delete