Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Census. I urge you to break the law

More on the Australian census, due in August this year. I was mistaken in the past when I suggested that your name would be linked to your census answers for the census after this one. No, it is this census.

I confess now that I will break the law by providing false information in the census and I urge you to do the same so that the Australian 2016 census will be seen as a glitch of inaccuracy in long term statistics and the normal disconnected to your name census will return in 2020. What I would really like to see is this census turned into a huge joke. I think I will be Mrs Huge Jackerman, living in a boarding house in Fitzroy, surviving on a pension which is inadequate to pay for my booze and drugs. I'll have five children who I never see because they hate me and my religion will be Plymouth Brethren, clearly a failed PB.

How were Japanese rounded up and interned in the US during WWII? Census data, as this article at the Huffington Post says and this is important for Australians to read.

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding us and bringing this issue to our attention Andrew. I will start working on my fictional persona.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your five children should have delivered you boxes of booze for Easter as is the tradition in the PB faith for easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will assuredly lie. A more complicated version of what I call the 'hairdresser' game. (Essentially when a hairdresser asks questions I consider invasive I make up answers. Which has meant that I cannot return to a salon because I cannot remember what lies I have told.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I should do the same with hairdressers. Mind, my current one is very silent.

      Delete
  4. I could have a lot of fun with this.
    Merle..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you could, Merle.

      Delete
  5. Just make sure there aren't consequences for falsifying your census answers as there are here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are laws, Cranky. But a few hundred thousand gave the religion as Jedi in one census, without consequences.

      Delete
  6. My son, in turn, has been a Jedi, a Rastafarian, a Buddhist, I don't know what he will be this year. One of my daughters once put Nunya. Which means nunyabizness. Are they seriously going to link this to our names? I feel a case of amnesia coming on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, the change was slipped through just before Christmas when people were too buys to take notice. Amnesia is a good plan. I might become a Nunya too.

      Delete
  7. Everytime they have a census we are away from home. Still gets done of course. Won't we all have fun this coming one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like we will, Margaret.

      Delete
  8. ooh I can't wait to see what bollocks I can come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, you could just be yourself and that would be challenging enough for the census.

      Delete
  9. Idiots should know the law abiding Australians will tolerate so much and not a mote more so we'll all become larrikins and waste the government's money. I can see Fen putting down 2 children, one local and one from Bengal. I will be putting down 1 overweight pale child with an addiction to kitty litter instead of using the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha at Fen's Bengal child. Good luck with your hairy and pale child.

      Delete