Monday, March 14, 2016

Census Time

Apparently from after the census this year, we will be identifiable. In the past the census was anonymous which led to honest answers because it was never connected to you as an individual. Our government promises that the census information connected to you will not be used against you. But our unknown governments of the future cannot promise any such thing.

What a perfect census this would be for a Hitler type.

So therefore I will just lie on the census form and risk prosecution. I will be a old single working man living in a a cheap rented flat with a minimal income. At a minimum, just watch the number of gay couples in Australia drop immensely.

I urge you to do the same and very obviously corrupt the information so the Australian Bureau of Statistics realises the error of its way.

The census provides invaluable information for a multiplicity of government departments, organisations and far too many places to list. It's reliability is about to be wrecked for no good reason.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Andrew,

    I do not think this is a policy that has been invented by the Bureau of Stats. I think it may have come as a result of Government Policy. This is an even scarier thought than some Public Servant boffin coming up with the idea!

    cheers,
    Pip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pippa, yes, I am sure you are correct. The bureaucrats seem to be struggling to justify the policy.

      Delete
  2. That's too bad. People, will of course, be more hesitant to share information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, the argument could be used, if you have nothing to hide, but that is not how life works.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome. I am very leery of even voting, because if they keep the records private, from our mail in ballots, which is the only way to vote in Oregon, how do they know your household voted this way or that and they do. So it's not private after all. Makes me mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, an anonymous vote should be the basics of all voting systems.

      Delete
  4. Stupid idea... of course it's done that way here, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cranky, I am little surprised at that, and disappointed.

      Delete
  5. WTF????
    And sigh.
    I will be joining you. And having a lot of fun in deciding who I will become for successive censuses. What is the plural of census? Censii looks silly. Censuses looks wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, people, aside from listing their religion as Jedi, did take the census seriously. It is a shame. The plural of census would have me rearranging a sentence to avoid the plural.

      Delete
  6. Well that sux doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sux, it does Carol. And it's a pity.

      Delete
  7. yup, as soon as I heard about the changes I figured there's no way in hell I'm doing the right thing anymore. Bugger them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, I wish there was some wider publicity so that not just those who keep up with such matters know about it.

      Delete