Monday, February 15, 2016

Musical Monday

River's Musical Monday will come without the depressing accompanying text. 

I follow my own advice, so when I am feeling a little blue or sad, I look at Happy clips from around the world. I looked at the one featured below last night just before sleeping.



It is a Vietnamese clip, so my Thai friend informed me. But it was filmed in Thailand. Duh, that's what it says in the information. The guy in clip is quite attractive. I wondered who he is. I still don't know.

I remarked to my Thai friend about the largess of fashion, beauty and style in the clip, which quickly brought us to a brief discussion of the rich in Asia. In each respective Asian country, they are a world apart from the ordinary person. Their self indulgence knows no bounds. They are totally insulated from the normal Asian person's life in their countries. The gap between the rich and poor in Asian countries is obscene, yet that is what western countries are regressing to. I won't be around to see how bad it becomes here, but it will get quite bad.

Gawd, I have just depressed myself even more, so I better watch another Happy clip.

11 comments:

  1. That is indeed one happy song. There will always exist a gap between rich and poor, even more so in some countries. Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogoratti, there will be but even for the benefit of the rich, it is important that the gap not be too large.

      Delete
  2. You have depressed me too. I am however very happy that I won't live forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry EC. I could be wrong, you know. I often am.

      Delete
  3. It's a happy song alright.
    Hope you will soon be over your sadness..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fine Margaret. I was just tired I think.

      Delete
  4. That's a very 'happy' clip, ha ha.
    I agree about the obscene distance between rich and poor, and there's just no way things will improve. The rich keep getting richer, the poor pay more and more taxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, it applies in both rich western countries and in poorer developing countries. It is quite obscene and such a step backwards.

      Delete
  5. Haven't seen a 'happy' video for ages Andrew. I wonder if Perth is the only city that didn't make one.. We're waaay to cool :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a couple from Perth, Grace. They aren't terribly good and very much child focused. Perhaps you are too cool to bother making a proper one.

      Delete
    2. Really, I must check them out.. I'm too cool to care :) :)

      Delete