Monday, December 07, 2015

Musical Monday

River, now with her whopping big data allowance, is posting a Musical Monday every Monday now. I won't necessarily follow suit but when you are a bit short on finished posts, MM is quick and easy.

Now, I hate rap music. But I have to qualify that really because I quite like some older rap music, a more musical variety and this is the first rap song I can remember. Lots of colour, movement and energetic dancing. It must be from the 1980s as it is the first song I recorded onto 3 x 3 hours of video music tapes, later transferred to dvd and never watched since. It is all on You Tube.



  

11 comments:

  1. Oh gosh Andrew, I don't care at all for rap music, showing my age, maybe!
    I did the same as you with videos, put it all on DVD's, spent hours and hours doing it, but as you say, it's all on youtube :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, and don't we get cross when we can't find something on You Tube, rare as that is.

      Delete
  2. Interesting but I don't like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough Gosia. I can't please everyone.

      Delete
  3. Doesn't do anything for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, maybe it is as much that it has good memory associations for me.

      Delete
  4. I'd forgotten about this, one of the few rap songs I like. Not for the lyrics, but for the melody, it's catchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, the lyrics are nothing, but yes, I like the melody. It has been used as 'musak' so that rather makes it pass the test of time and public taste.

      Delete
  5. Come on, you can't help but love the energy here..can't touch it.. now see what you've done Andrew.. can't touch it.. you're lucky you can't SEE me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, what happens in Perth, stays in Perth.

      Delete
  6. Omg! Reading that back made me blush :)

    ReplyDelete