Saturday, December 26, 2015

Failed You Tube Friday (appearing Saturday)

I've not come across much on You Tube of late that amuses me. I do have a couple of photos up my sleeve though. The first I saved ages ago when Ann O'Dyne drew my attention to it.

This requires some translation for you foreign types, but I am sure you all have similar locales near to you.

Frankston and Moe have areas of extreme social deprivation and issues.
Moccies are mocassins,  an indoor shoe worn outdoors by a certain demographic.
Dole is unemployment benefit.
Mullet is a hair style from the 1980s, short at the sides and long at the back, often dyed blond.
A slab is a carton of cans of beer, 2 dozen I think.


From a Tumblr, it is going to take quite a motor to get this wheel turning again. I find such things so sad.


Dog Jack has stayed at The Highrise three times in the past couple of months. He marks everything outside he possibly can.


15 comments:

  1. So long as Jack doesn't mark his territory inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, he once went to lift his leg in the lift but my shriek stopped him cold. Must be hard for them to know where is the right place and where is the wrong.

      Delete
  2. There's a LOT of Go to Jail spots on that game board (*~*)
    Moccasins has a double "c', not a double 's'.
    I'm eating my way through a box of chocolates :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, funny, I thought I checked the spelling of moccasins.

      Delete
  3. I am sure you have heard Courtney Barnett's song called Depreston based on the same geographic/socioeconomic area. I am sure every big city has their own Frankston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I haven't but I will.

      Delete
  4. Andrew. love the dogs who are waiting for a toilet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, aren't they Gosia.

      Delete
  5. As a foreign type I appreciated the translation. Dole and mullet are fine but a slab of beer would have mystified me. The dog picture is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig, not being a buyer of slabs I am not sure, but I think slab now refers to any large box of beer cans or bottles.

      Delete
    2. A slab is cans only, bottles are too easily broken.

      Delete
    3. Ok River. I should have consulted with Tradie Brother who knows about such things as slabs.

      Delete
  6. That's funny, the tree mark wait line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Strayer.

      Delete
  7. I wonder if they have to pay for peeing against the tree ? hahaha

    ReplyDelete