Monday, November 02, 2015

Musical Monday

It is Monday, so I expect River will have her Monday music ready for your delectation.

While I like lots of different types of music, which I seldom ever listen to as the noise of much music annoys me, the 70s were the years of my youth and I am very fond of 70s music, nevertheless I feel late 80s and early to mid 90s dance club music is my music and I still love it, although again I rarely listen nowadays but when I do, I remember why I like it so much.

My effort this week comes from the dance club floors of the early nineties, with the original cappella being recorded by Jane in the UK in 1983. Does not the vocalist Kirsty Hawkshaw look so fabulous in the clip. I so want her as a handbag. You may have to listen a second time to catch all the lyrics.



15 comments:

  1. This one is not for me. Goodness she is agile though. And supple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, we were all young once.

      Delete
  2. Andrew nice song. I have not heard it before. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, pleased you liked it. No one else did, haha.

      Delete
  3. Had a good beat to it. Can't say I have heard of this lady before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I had not heard of her either, but I certainly remember the song.

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of this one, or her, but it isn't something I'd listen to by choice anyway. Not my type of music. Thanks for playing along though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, you've reminded me I haven't listened to yours yet.

      Delete
  5. It's kind of a meditation type of beat music, with the lyrics repeat over and over. Would not take long to write those lyrics. I can imagine moving to that in the dark under the sky, with my eyes closed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, that so reminds me of another song, that I can hum but can't remember what it's called...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I KNEW I KNEW IT.....
    It's Orbital's Halcyon and on and on

    From wikipedia:
    The song features two samples from earlier international hit singles. The first sample is a backmasked vocal sample by Kirsty Hawkshaw from "It's a Fine Day" by Opus III (1992). Ed Barton, the composer of "It's a Fine Day", receives a co-writing credit for the track. The second is a vocal harmonies sample in the song "Leave It" from the 1983 album 90125 by the progressive rock band Yes

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV-hSgL1R74

    Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brill work Fen. Saved for bedtime tablet listening.

      Delete
    2. I highly recommend Orbital albums

      Delete
  8. Good track and i see the connection. I romantisise about being in a Berlin dance club.

    ReplyDelete