Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Amusing ourselves

The Highrise abode is often shockingly politically incorrect. All said in humour and for our ears only (the first person who says, many a truth spoken in jest, will get a slapping). Nevertheless, let me recount what just happened.

There was a tv promo for Annabel's Kitchen, a show featuring respected journalist Annabel Crabb joining politicians to cook, eat, drink and chat, and it can be quite a revealing show. More often than not it humanises politicians, a good thing for them and interesting to the viewer.

R after watching the promotion for the show: I didn't know Albanese is gay.
Me, surprised: Neither did I.
I immediately sat in my usual chair and asked my friend the internet.
Me: No he is not. He is married to Carmel Tebbutt, who was deputy premier of New South Wales.
R: So he is one of those bee-sex-ual types? (His emphasis was brilliant and I was laughing)
Me: No sweets, just gay friendly. He did lead Sydney's Mardi Gras parade in 2003.

The other politician guest in the show is Christopher Pyne. He is also married and lest I be sued, I could not possibly write what I have heard about him and his delectations.

Before I go too far, lets me finish with some nice music, truly quite unrelated to Christopher Pyne, truly,  the brilliant and sadly late Chrissy Amphlett.





19 comments:

  1. Chrissy Amphlett is definitely someone we lost too soon.
    I can't say the same about Christoper. I don't want him dead, just forgotten. Along with rather a lot of his friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, there is not much more to be said about Pyne than he is just a nasty bloke.

      Delete
  2. How sad that I had never known Chrissy Amphlett's name until now.

    The conversations at your abode sound rather like the ones here; humour is the spice and sassy in life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jac, Melbourne has named a lane after her. She was testy but so talented.

      Delete
  3. Hmm.. where I live, it is getting very difficult to tell the difference between those who are gay, and those who are merely hipster doofuses. Or should that be doofi? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoskred, welcome to my world. Doofuses will do. Please don't mention sexual fluidity.

      Delete
  4. I do like Annabele's TV programme, don't always to watch it though.
    That sons Chrissy sings is a good one. Yes, she was called home way too soon..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, she was indeed. Such a great loss.

      Delete
  5. Annabel's Kitchen is a gently thoughtful programme. Even previously awful politicians emerge as humans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, almost, for some of them.

      Delete
  6. I somehow missed last night's episode. I do enjoy the show. I can't imagine Christopher pine being humanised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, with an informal advisor like Amanda Vandstone behind him, never underestimate his nastiness.

      Delete
  7. Always liked that film clip she made the song come alive.
    Not seen the show but it could be interesting.
    Merle................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merle, she was just a terrific performer, with no holds barred.

      Delete
  8. Many a truth spoken in jest. If you can slap me from where you are, I'll hold out my hands. (*~*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I was thinking of a face slap, not a hand slap. Maybe we will get the chance one day.

      Delete
  9. Maybe time will tell with Pyne but his manner certainly poses questions about his sexuality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, he is married and has children. That conclusively indicates there is no question about his sexuality.

      Delete
    2. Of course. How silly of me!

      Delete