Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Surfers Paradise Day 4 Part 1

We popped down to the river to buy tickets for the next day's outing and then caught the route TX2 bus to Movie World.


The bus was a little late and crowded. Fortunately we secured seats. Two route TX2 buses together and you can guess which one parents with children in pushers insisted on getting on, yes ours, the front one. The TX2 only runs to serve the inland theme parks, so it is a frequent service to the parks in the morning and the reverse happens in the afternoon.


I didn't know what to expect at Movie World. Not being much of a blockbuster movie watcher, I did not know much about what I was seeing. Apologies for some photos being lousy. I kept knocking the dial on my camera. While it had been sticky taped into position, I decided I must develop the habit of checking the dial each time I turn on the camera, with limited success this day.




Every so often something would happen on this stage or near it. This time it was meet the superheroes/heroines.


A little later we had lunch at this bakery.




This is to do with the movie Casablanca?


Yes, let us see what the kiddies are doing.



This was a tamer ride for the kiddies.


I hate to say, but it was a girl that caused this stack up. Mind, a father with his toddler drove the wrong way around the roundabout.


The kiddies loved getting wet.


This is a tame version of the lift and drop rides.


Bugs looking rather defiant.


We call the last carriage on an old train a guards van, but this speaks caboose to me. I thank Petticoat Junction for that knowledge.


Plenty of colour for the kiddies.


I suppose all the all cars are of types used in popular movies.


Have you heard television puts kilos on you? I can confirm this as fact, or the screen proportions are wrong. The lasses danced below this screen and they were quite a bit slimmer than they appear on the screen.


29 comments:

  1. Andrew my favourite are vintage cars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, they were good to see spread around.

      Delete
  2. Never realised there was so much to do on the Gold coast. I thought it was all about riding those waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, there is lots of surfing too. It is very much a man made modern place and I don't know that it would really be your type of place.

      Delete
  3. Was that Sheldon with the superheroes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, what is a Sheldon?

      Delete
    2. I thought the same thing!! Sheldon as the flash, next to Penny as Supergirl, with Amy as Wonder Woman and Raj as (Ithink) the Green Hornet.
      (Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory)

      Delete
    3. River, I nodding with both glazed eyes and admiration at your knowledge.

      Delete
  4. Interesting. Like Fun60, there is obviously more to the Gold Coast than I realised.
    Like the cars.
    And am thinking about the screen adding pounds. Wondering just how skeletal some of the people we see on the screen are in reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I expect some are extremely thin. My favourite car was the last cream coloured model.

      Delete
  5. Highlight of Movieworld one year was the Batmobile lol. I found it a strange place to visit, trying to copy Universal Studios and coming nowhere close

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, interesting insight. I haven't been to anything like that before and so I have nothing to compare it to.

      Delete
  6. I went to Movieworld once with my nephews. Out of all the parks it is the one I least enjoyed. I am not a fan of random people in costume. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoskred, it seemed to amuse the kids and teenagers, but there wasn't a lot for adults.

      Delete
  7. Looks good.
    I enjoyed movie world years ago, seems they have more there now for the children...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, yes very children oriented, even young children.

      Delete
  8. I HATE those lift and drop rides. Who wants to land back on the ground with their stomach spewing from their ears??
    The rest of the place looks wonderful, I love that caboose.
    I like the sunhat on the bus passenger, first photo, I never see nice hats like that when I'm shopping for a new one. Maybe I should look in the more expensive stores...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I don't think the hat was expensive but it looked ok. I wanted to see the train with the caboose move, but got sick of waiting.

      Delete
    2. I'm comparing to Cheap as Chips where I usually get stuff like sunhats for $3-$5

      Delete
    3. Probably a bit dearer than that.

      Delete
  9. They used to have a show about how movies are made, with audience participation to add the sound effects (a total disaster in the hands of us amateurs), and a demo of the blue screen, where an audience member was filmed as Superman, with the background added later showing him flying over the city. That was quite interesting, especially as I too have nothing to which I can compare it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, that sounds interesting and a little insight into the world of movies.

      Delete
  10. Love the old cars! They always make me perk right up, not that I'm not feeling perky enough of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jac, good to hear you are perky and don't have a dog infection in your gums?

      Delete
  11. It is only 30 mins down the road from here but I have never had the rug to go but I have been to Universal Studios, which I enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, I did not even know about Universal Studios. From comments, it might be better.

      Delete
  12. It's a sad state of affairs Andrew when you know what a caboose is and not a Sheldon :) People in costumes freak me out a little also... Did someone say bakery :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I just don't get modern American comedy. R quite enjoys them. Bakery was ok, that is all.

      Delete