Monday, August 24, 2015

Musical Monday

I think this is River's on week for Musical Monday. I will join her.

For some reason 'late at night', I wanted to hear the song The House of the Rising Sun. I had heard it over the years, of course. Haven't we all, but in these days of being able to see everything, and I want it and I want it now, there was a You Tube video clip of the performance of The House of the Rising Sun, by Eric Burdon and The Animals.

Burdon gave me the shivers when I watched the clip. I could see such cruelty in him, and yet he excited me. No, that does not say anything about me.......well, maybe it does. He was certainly nice looking but his performance skill playing to the camera way back in 1964 is truly scary.

Some women, and I suppose guys, are really attracted to bad bois. Burdon really looks and performs like one, even though he does not seemed to have be really a bad boi. 

To R's surprise after showing him the clip, I told him Burdon comes from the same northern English city as R does. Those damn Geordies.

I did a little net search. Apart from his liking of cigarettes and Scotch, there is no particular bad deed by him to be found.

Take a look.






23 comments:

  1. Andrew, it is my favourite song when I am at bad mood, I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Gosia! I know you must sing it out loud around your apartment.

      Delete
  2. Oh yes. The memories.
    And goodness weren't those Animals conservatively dressed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, they certainly we neat, which kind of makes Burdon look all the more scary.

      Delete
  3. I heard the song many times but never seen the clip.
    A great song with a message.
    Merle.........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merle, there must be so many clips we haven't seen of music we know so well.

      Delete
  4. Like Merle; I've heard the song a lot, it's on my i-pods, but never seen the clip. He looks young to have such an old voice. I also didn't know they were English.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I did not know that either. They even sound American to me and of course singing about New Orleans......

      Delete
  5. Sounds great, nice of you to share that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogoratti, you are not familiar with the song?

      Delete
  6. Always makes me smile when I see the music video clips from back then compared to the mega movie productions these days.. I don't see the bad boy that you do Andrew, just someone who's not lipsyncing very well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I think you may have snapped why I think he is such a bad boy. He is lip syncing with little voice effort to a song where there clearly is voice effort, so he comes across as cold.

      Delete
  7. P.s. but I do love the song!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that song. It made me search for a song I listen to "over the years"
    You Can't Always Get What You Want, by the Rolling Stones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, it is one I like too. I must look at the clip.

      Delete
  9. For some reason I really like that song...not everyone that signs it can sing it well...the Animals do it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, they do indeed. At times the original is not always the best, but in this case, it is. Err, assuming they are the originals.

      Delete
  10. I don't find him scary at all, he seems to me like a defiant schoolboy ! I know the song very well and love it, but I had never payed attention to the singer !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gattina, perhaps that is what I mean, defiant.

      Delete
  11. There's a nice accent underneath, in word pronunciation, that adds to the cruelty of the song, I think. But its no Creole accent. I did not know they were British either, but that explains the sound to me finally. He looks like he's not actually singing in the clip, lip sync? Did they do that back then to video? The rockers used to dress up to unleash their animal. In the early early days of it, that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, lip synced back then and still do it now, only they are better at it now. I am going to have to re-listen to it with all I have picked up from comments.

      Delete
  12. My number 1 favourite song!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly one of my favourites, Jackie.

      Delete