Friday, June 12, 2015

A mini rant

I hope the late entrepreneur Alan Bond is remembered as the gaoled crook he was, one who lost people vast amounts of money, as well as winning the yachting American Cup for Australia for the first time from America.

I hope the seemingly about to retire retired Australian Rules football hero Chris Judd is not only remembered as a fine footballer with such longevity but also as a player who tried to gouge another player's eyeballs and used neck pressure point police tactics on another. But wait, Judd tried eye gouging twice.



10 comments:

  1. Hmm. I would prefer that they were not remembered at all. And my own mini rant. Our esteemed leader wants less wind turbines because he thinks they are ugly and noisy. I would much, much rather have a wind farm than a coal mine near by...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, some otherwise enlightened people detest turbines but I rather like seeming them on a horizon.

      Delete
  2. Do we remember the right people, maybe not.
    Merle.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right Merle. We should remember more humble and genuine high achievers.

      Delete
  3. My mother never forgave Nelson Mandela his past - whenever he was on the news later in life she would always say 'that man is a terible man, he is a terrorist'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, your would have very much been product of her time. Mandela really was a terrorist in anyone's sense of the word as were the fighters for independence in many countries. It is funny how the name can change, depending on who we support. Freedom fighter or terrorist?

      Delete
  4. Alan who?
    I'm in favour of wind farms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most people are quickly forgotten once they die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, every so often someone who I knew who has died comes into my head.

      Delete