Friday, June 12, 2015

A letter to oneself

Dear Andrew,

I know you are quite stressed, nervous and not really looking forward to your holiday, which is odd really as I know how much you hate work and will pleased to be away from work. Please believe me when I tell you once it is underway, you will enjoy yourself.

You have planned, prepared and catered for every eventuality, but it is the eventuality that you have not foreseen that worries you most.  Please do remember to load some things on to your partner too. As you are prone to wrongly think, it is not all about you and you are not responsible for everything.

It is nearly all organised and paid for with only very minor details to sort. All you have to do is be at Melbourne Airport at the appropriate time, with you passport, etickets, vouchers, a change of clothes and it will all just happen. The rest doesn't really matter so stop worrying. Yes, you know full well there will be taxis on St Kilda Road at 5am to get you to the airport. You have seen them often enough. For goodness sake Andrew.

You really are such a fucking tosser, silly sausage. It'll all be fine.

Best wishes,
Andrew.

10 comments:

  1. Bags at the door, last look round the house - feel better now?? Go have fun, enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, it really is quite simple. I think you do it better than I do.

      Delete
  2. Put a check list by the door also, with things you need to do before locking up and leaving. Beds made, rubbish taken out, no milk left in the fridge, appliances turned off at wall where necessary.
    Do you have someone coming in to air the place out a day before you arrive home again? They could leave fresh milk in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, the things you list are all the things that will be on our minds. Normally Sister might make our place ready to come home to but she, Bone Doctor and Little Jo leave for overseas shortly after we do and return after us. What are you doing mid July?

      Delete
  3. As you say, it will be fine, if not wonderful. It sounds like a fair chunk of the trip is to satisfy dreams of R and in that respect, it's a very magnanimous thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig, maybe it is a little magnanimous, in fact how did I get talked into the trip? As previously discussed, R wants to get the long flight trips ticked off before he is too old. My motto is do it with good grace or don't do it at all and he is very good to me, so I am happy to oblige.

      Delete
  4. You should listen to that chap.. all will be well.. hopefully :) only kidding :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I would listen to me if I thought I was so smart.

      Delete
  5. imissedthisandnowmykeyboardwontletmeusethespacebar
    breathe
    in
    breathe
    out
    repeat
    slowly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, I thought your tweet might have been more effective if there were no spaces.

      Delete