Friday, March 13, 2015

My ABC from a different angle

This morning when I woke in our sydney hotel room,  I listened to the 6am radio news, 'Read by John Logan'. What, I thought? Is it the weekend? No, can't be as even Melbourne's early morning weekend news is a local presentation. Why is the national news reader reading local news? Ah, he must read local sydney news and national news. Relax young Andrew. Nowt to stress about. Indeed not.  I forgot about it.

We had quite a day but we were back at the hotel for the 7pm tv news,  'read by Juanita Phillips'. Ah, ABC Sydney local news has tech problems and the tv news is a national broadcast.  No again.  She is reading local Sydney news.

I know that voice.  It is Linda Mottram reporting for AM. But wait. It is 930. AM finishes at 830. Ah, she hosts a local radio programme.

Our national broadcaster is really doing my head in.

11 comments:

  1. Enjoy Sidney and let the speakers speak whoever it is, anyway I don't know them :) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. If our national broadcaster is what is doing your head in today be thankful for small mercies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not see life from a different angle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. News is news all around the world, I like to check out SBS just to find out whats happening in other parts of the world.
    Merle............

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew news are important but stressful.Have a great time..

    ReplyDelete
  6. MY ABC, if you don't mind :)

    One weekend we were staying in a fairly classy hotel that didn't have AM radio. Since I utterly depend on ABC NewsRadio 1026 for one hour every morning and an hour every evening, this was too shocking to contemplate.

    I know exactly how disorienting a prison cell must be :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes they have lives we don't know about - I wonder if they ever get the jobs mixed up??

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm confused just reading this, hearing people read news unexpectedly would confuse me more.
    You'll be pleased to know that today my lost property was returned to me, completely intact. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You heard John Logan on the weekend in Melbourne? That's weird because he works weekdays. The only national bulletin he reads is 0530 weekdays, and Melbourne does its own bulletins, while Sydney actually misses out on a local bulletin to provide the national.

    As for Juanita and Linda, yep they're Sydney locals too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Until we travel to another State, city or town we realise that often it's the same newsreader, it surprising in a way. We find lots of readers that worked in Tasmania in other places...

    ReplyDelete
  11. James, hasn't John been a news reader for a long time? He is well known to me but maybe I haven't heard him recently.

    ReplyDelete