Monday, March 30, 2015

Hotness

I loved them all in my youth, the music gods. The late Marc Bolan from T Rex, Mick Jagger from The Rolling Stones and David Bowie. What a trio. Two out of three of these people did not do the biz together. What?


Someone recently mentioned something about guys I am attracted to. I conveniently can't recall who. When I work out what sort of guy I am attracted to, I will let you know. There is a French expression, Je ne sais quoi. and I don't know what it means really, (I have surprised myself on the brilliant word play there)  but I am sure it applies. In the meantime, how hot is this guy in a photo from Shorpy.com  Don't be disingenuous. You know which one I mean. Couldn't you just eat him up. I shall await the 'not really my type' replies. Less competition is all good to my ears.


In a moment of weakness I once had a look at the members of the boy band One Direction to see what the fuss and fainting teen girls was all about. You know, you've got to keep up a bit with modern things.  Ho hum, but one appealed to me, a kid of Paki parents in England. Now he is having a Greta Garbo moment and vants to be alone. Actually, not sure I really like his looks that much. Anyway, here is photo of him on a bicycle in Brussels. Yes, I really can't imagine what I saw in him the day I looked at One Direction members. I should just delete this last part as it has probably spoilt my post.



21 comments:

  1. Andrew, I love David Bowie but what about One Direction I am not so sure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, he was a brilliant performer. His music clips were works of art.

      Delete
  2. Eye candy types? For me, always the slightly disreputable, slightly dangerous. So the boy bands are usually a fail. Ditto women. Girl/boy next door just doesn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, come on, all boy band members are dangerously disreputable. It is the temptation of the naughtiness, that appeals. None are more bad than Jagger and Bolan. Bowie has had his moments too. This could bring me to write about women, or even gay men, liking bad men, but I am not going to write about what I only have a very vague understanding of.

      Delete
  3. Those mid 1960s will never come back again *deep sigh*
    I happened to hear a song from that era on the radio last week and remembered every single word!! Except for David Bowie, they were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, while I am a bit more of 70s disco person, I know what you are saying. C'mon, you must like, Ground control to Major Tom.

      Delete
  4. I won't comment on the rock stars, but that guy in the next photo is kinda cute. Pity he's blonde.
    One direction? Meh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, you don't like blonds? You prefer more the smouldering dark types?

      Delete
  5. Tom Hiddleston... but only when he's playing gods or vampires. Otherwise, booooring. Can't think of any recent girl crushes.
    David Bowie? He's always been a topper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to google Tom. No idea who he is, but he looks like he smokes and drinks too much. I see naughtiness in him. Hot!

      Delete
  6. oh I love Marc Bolan - I Am Just A Vampire For Your Love - what a great track. RIP Marc. My grand-daughter is crazy for OneDirection. doesn't look like as much fun as the Stones were for me as a teen.
    rock on Hot Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, I preferred Children of a Revolution. It struck a chord for me, except I had nothing to revolt against. Pretty boys against the 60s bad boys, no comparison.

      Delete
  7. You are just a circus :) they say you should always be looking..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WA, always looking. As R sometimes says, a cat can look at a queen.

      Delete
  8. 'That certain something' is what it means and it's something Ewan McGregor has in bucket loads :) Paul McCartney had it once, now he's morphing into a little old lady unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it Grace. I guess it has various names but I am happy with 'that certain something'.

      Delete
  9. Many years ago Andrew I met one the three music gods you featured in the course of my work duties. Bound by the Official Secrets Act (lol) so I can't provide details here but when we are next together prompt me and I'll reveal all - that I am permitted - to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, probably not Bolan as I don't think he travelled much. Of course it may not have been in Australia but Bowie has been here. Still, I put my money on Jagger.

      Delete
    2. A clue, it was in the course of work duties and as you know I have worked overseas.

      Delete
    3. No, that doesn't really help.

      Delete
    4. Well, unless the person may have been in trouble for drugs........

      Delete