Sunday, January 04, 2015

Supplementary Sunday

Here I am, giving more free publicity to a business again but this advertisement amused me greatly. If there is some payola to be had, please Pope, while I have no use for one, could you post one with complete fittings to my adorable and lovely, garden loving and increasingly frail pensioner Mum. My brother has a contact at the local newspaper and I am sure a spot could be organised for Mum tearfully and joyfully using her wonderful new Pope garden hose.

I just saw this ad on tv for the first time and it made me laugh. The music was a good choice. Now, who has not had a hose experience like one of these?



From childhood,

Ta ra ra boom de aye,
You took my pants away.
I was left standing there,
In my underwear.


10 comments:

  1. Andrew, it is a great ads and so funny. Good start of Sunday morning drinking coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, pleased your day has started well.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely Andrew. I dread turning on the tap outside with the hose attached. I try and hide behind a chair as i do it but it always gets me. If not at the beginning then it waits until I return to turn it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun60, and watch out for the snaking hose, swinging about wildly.

      Delete
  3. Fun. And, if it works, the solution to an issue which has caused me to be saturated more than once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, you just have to keep your fittings tight. Yes, I used to and still they flew apart.

      Delete
  4. I have that problem often and have now learned to water my plants at half strength water flow. I keep telling myself to get one of those hoses, but haven't got around to it yet. Maybe next weekend when I go to buy my pots of herbs. I'll add it to the list at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be interested to know how much they cost. Not that I know how much a normal hose and fittings that fail cost.

      Delete
  5. haha! been there many times, doesn't bother me though.. ta ra ra boom de aye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it used to bother me Grace, especially when a hose with a join shot apart.

      Delete