Sunday, December 07, 2014

Sunday Selections

Check out River's Drifting Through Life for her Sunday Selections. Mine today is a collection of random photos.

I don't always sleep with my blinds open, but I do quite often. Balloons were going up as I regained consciousness.


Under New Management? Seems to have failed.


All the hanging straps in this tram had been 'woven'. Quite clever really but don't they look grimy.


Surrounded by modern buildings of the urban renewal of an industrial area, this house remains at the corner of Malcolm and River Streets in South Yarra, now used as dog grooming business.



I thought the car in front of ours in a carpark was identical to ours, but after looking at the photo, it has fog lights and ours doesn't. Our last car had fog lights and only once when up in the Dandenong Ranges at night did I feel the need to use them, but I could not remember how to turn them on.


This sculpture in the City Square has been moved a couple of times. Kids love to hop on the doggie and go for a ride. Little Jo has when she was younger.


Bill Posters will be Prosecuted, is how I think it is supposed to go, often accompanied by a scrawl, Bill is innocent.


Sunset from The Highrise. We don't see the actual setting sun.


The window cleaners had been two days earlier and then it rained quite heavily and messed my bedroom window up badly.


Gosia, note, the weather is not always so good here.


I  lay on my bed with the notebook feeling very cozy as heavy rain fell. I expect I may have dropped off for a minute, or thirty.


Remnants of my less conservative days, now used when painting or heavy duty cleaning.


Why did I have the old tees out? I went to the service station and half filled this bottle with petrol to clean down the back of the external air con unit.


When it is on and the barbeque on top of it is being used, greasy smoke is sucked through the fins. Last year I used kerosene to clean it but kero is too greasy and messy. Petrol did the job much better and with less mess. Even so, I put on some old clothes to clean. The tees still fit me of course, just differently to how they used to. :-P  Of course I switched the unit off at the mains. You don't want to chance sparks and petrol, but petrol really takes a naked flame to ignite unless fumes are in a contained area.

Your trivia for the day, you know how sometimes the fins on air con units become flattened, maybe after being hit by a ball or a lad's foot? You can buy a 'fin comb' to comb them out straight.

Merle's Beer Fairy might appreciate this photo I came across.


Cute, but what on earth is it?

20 comments:

  1. Your Under New Management shot made me think of our current 'leaders'.
    I *think* the tiny cutie is a lemur of sorts. And hope the toothbrush has been retired from dental duties.
    Love the blinky thing.
    A great random selection - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you EC. Australia under new management. I not like.

      Delete
  2. The creature at the end of your post is a pygmy marmoset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ad Rad. Very cute, hey.

      Delete
  3. As always a good selection. Pleased to see you don't always have glorious blue skies but my favourite photo is the explanation of the blinky thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun 60, by the look of the traffic lights, the truck photo was taken in the US.

      Delete
  4. Wow great photos. Definitely your weather is not always good but you are lucky because you live in a beautiful corner of the world surrounded by palm trees. The last photo is amazing and I would like to know what animal is it? Holy cow some people ae crazy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, Ad Rad above mentions the name of the animal, a pygmy marmoset. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. I came here to say Marmoset as well. :) We had a lot of them at the Adelaide Zoo when I lived there, seriously cute creatures. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoskred, I don't think I have ever seen one. I want one for home. I wonder how long they live.

      Delete
  6. Cute little marmoset, I love them. I want one, but Angel might eat it for dinner.
    I like the dog murals on the grooming place.
    I would never have thought to use petrol for cleaning aircons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, yes I fear Angel would make short work of the critter. Petrol deals with grease very well and then evaporates away quickly.

      Delete
  7. A Fin Comb, huh? Now THERE'S a gift for the person who has everything!!! Can SO relate to the fog light thing - the one or two times we've actually needed them, we couldn't find the instructions. But managed to get by OK without them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Red. Maybe double as a lice comb. Yes, I could still see ok, but it was foggy and I thought since we had them, I should use them.

      Delete
  8. Balloons were going up as you "regained consciousness"? hmmm there must have been a bit of booze being drunk the night before.

    But then I feel like that every Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, it used to mean that, but I use it in a more generic sense now. But that is not saying a glass of wine or five was drunk. Hehe, the morning after Shabbat.

      Delete
  9. I think blinkers are optional extras in new cars ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, not just that, which has always been the case really. The front indicators on cars have become increasingly invisible. More style over substance.

      Delete
  10. Such a cute creature, it has the sweetest face in that video. Lovely to see your selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WA. It is ever so cute.

      Delete