Monday, December 22, 2014

Bad music association

A Melbourne man allegedly murdered his two daughters, but before he did so, he dressed them in pretty party frocks and they performed a rendition of Let it Go from Frozen for him. After reading that in the media, I just cannot bear to hear Let it Go.

If you have children of a certain age, or mix with children of a certain age, you will know the music track from Frozen. Little Jo does a fine performance of Frozen but it has been thoroughly spoilt for me. I cannot bear to listen, even the John Gray of Wales rendition when accidentally captured.

R watches a show presented by the quite brilliant Amanda Keller. I can't think of the name of the show. I see it at times, bits of it and it can be amusing light hearted entertainment. I heard R talking on the phone to Mother and they were agreement that there was a very sad segment on the show. After the call ended R told me about a segment on the show where the audience was asked what they wanted for Christmas and there must have been a dollar limit or something, and generally they received what they wanted, except for the little boy who wanted his dad back for Christmas. There was no chance of that, as his father had died. Now I tear up very easily at anything like that, but R burst into sobbing mess.  He quickly recovered and then pondered, 'what was that all about'?

You don't know Let it Go from Frozen? Here it is. Oops, wrong one. This is not suitable for general public consumption.




16 comments:

  1. Even without the depressing story you've shared, I have a hard time enjoying the song. Though I did love it in the movie, and I loved it the first 50 or so times I heard it.

    There are some great parodies out there.

    Have you seen this? http://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/an-open-letter-to-the-songwriters-of-let-it-go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like 'Tomorrow' from Annie and that song from 'Titanic' heavy repetition of hit songs breeds contempt after a while. Add an unfortunate association such as that child murder and you'd never want to hear some songs ever again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ever wise Victor. That is how it is.

      Delete
  3. Andrew, what a terrible story. Yesterday on my Polish news I heard the Aussie mother murdered her 8 children.But unhappily everywhere people who are crazy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, you in Poland understand the Australian murder of the children as well as we do. We don't know and it is awful.

      Delete
  4. I saw that story too. And it hurt.
    He admitted it too, so he isn't an alleged murderer.
    And I am chuckling at that clip. Thanks - I like her attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was playing it safe EC.

      Delete
  5. I didn't know of that tragedy, dreadful. I don't care for that song, the tune isn't to my liking, however two of my little grandchildren have contests in singing.
    Certainly some so sad things in this world, and it's even harder to explain to children, why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WA, there is no explanation beyond things go wrong for some people.

      Delete
  6. Very sad about the man murdering his daughters. I wonder why the dress up and performance first?
    Such a thing would spoil the song for me too, but I've seen Frozen and it isn't something I want to see again, so I've forgotten it already, even the songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, a male thing? To make a point? To punish the childrens' mother?

      Delete
  7. I had a ex colleague that got murdered a couple of weekends ago, then the husband drove in front of a truck. Leaving a 3 year old boy with no parents :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, at your first tweet I guess that was who it was. Just awful.

      Delete
  8. That is a sad story. now we have a mother killing her 7 children and a niece in Cairns. It is beyond belief how anyone can kill children let alone their own. They certainly are unbalanced people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, the Cairns one will go down as one of the worst, I am sure. It's unimaginable what drives parents to such extremes.

      Delete