Saturday, November 22, 2014

Little Joisms

Sister was away in the Northern Territory with her school boys. Bone Doctor was looking after Little Jo on her own. Bone Doctor is not a natural as domestic goddess but she she can cook a basic meal. Bone Doctor had done some shopping and bought bread for Little Jo's school lunch sandwiches but the bread was missing. Little Jo said, oh well, I will just have to buy my lunch at school tomorrow. The bread was found later under Little Jo's bed.

Bone Doctor and Little Jo arrive at Mother's at 6pm. Little Jo complained at the suggestion of having chicken for dinner so Bone Doctor bought pizza for dinner for Little Jo, Mother and herself.

Next morning at 6am Bone Doctor leaves Mother's home to participate in a competitive bike ride. Mother is now in charge of Little Jo and responsible for her.

At 11am Sister arrives and takes Mother and Little Jo to an apartment on Phillip Island for an overnight stay.

What happened between 6am and 11am? Mother asked, Little Jo, can you help me water the garden? No Nanny, I will stay here watching tv. I get allergies when I am outside in the morning.

When Sister arrived at 11, she asked Mother what Little Jo had for breakfast. Left over pizza, Mother said. Sister exploded at Mother.

Nevertheless, all three enjoyed their brief visit to Phillip Island.

(Note to self. Ensure Little Jo has a healthy breakfast next Sunday)

Mother told me over the phone this week that once home, on Monday Little Jo was a bit reluctant to go to school. "Mummy, my tummy hurts and my ankle is sore." Exactly as Mother complained to her to her on the Saturday morning. 

I've not finished yet.

I spoke to Mother last Sunday and Tradie Brother and Hippy Niece were there, fixing up the front of her crumbling house that she refuses to leave.

"Andrew, you know how Little Jo keeps forgetting to put on underwear, she did it again at Phillip Island (and Little Jo does like to wear dresses). Because of the rash I have developed down there, Hippy Niece has advised me to leave my knickers off and I have. I was hanging out the washing and it was a bit breezy."

That is way too much information Mother. Is it not bad enough that I have to listen to tales of your bowel problems.

34 comments:

  1. Little Jo sounds as if she will become a force to be reckoned with. More of a force to be reckoned with.
    And yes, TMI. Even my non visual self is having problems...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, Little Jo is bit too clever at manipulation in my opinion. She will arrive this afternoon and quickly be encouraging her mother to go out, so she can indulge in unrestricted screen time. I might just have a say in that.

      Delete
  2. Andrew, Little Jo is a wonderful and clever girl... But she is a good actress too like most children..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Gosia, she is still transparent, but will not always be so.

      Delete
  3. To adopt a phrase; parenting was not meant to be easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, I am an expert at the theory of parenting. Doesn't seem to work so well in practice.

      Delete
  4. If you ask me, pizza is a perfectly legitimate breakfast food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ad Rad, I could not possibly confess that I have ever eaten pizza for breakfast. Cold, greasy, salami, onions..........I'm hungry.

      Delete
  5. Great post. If you read carefully, it's the hippy niece who is source of the no-knickers suggestion to your mother, but I love the suggestion that Jo and your mother are taking leaves out of each other's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcellous, I don't mind thinking of Little Jo wearing no knickers as I see her often enough naked, but oh the thought of Mother.....

      I guess it comes via Sister, but I do see similarities between Little Jo and Mother.

      Delete
  6. I've eaten all kinds of odd things for breakfast on occasion, even ice cream one hot morning after a very warm night last summer. Nothing wrong with pizza, if the toppings are right it contains several food groups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, the right food groups on the pizza topping? Really! Ice cream for breakfast? Outrageous. You Adelaide types are rather decadent.

      Delete
    2. I think an occasional ice-cream for breakfast is an awesome idea.

      Delete
    3. When you wake up to an Aussie summer morning and the temperature at 7am is already 30C, icecream is a great breakfast!

      Delete
    4. Dina it is not and stop pretending you are a child.

      River, I am not convinced. Watermelon would be a good breakfast on such a day.

      Delete
    5. with other sliced fruits and a dollop of yoghurt.

      Delete
  7. I think Little Jo is working on wrapping everyone around her little finger especially when Mum is not around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun60, I did put my foot down with a firm hand when the suggestion for this evening's meal out would be at McDonalds. No Little Jo, Maccas is not a place for dinner. We did relent though for afternoon tea. We kind of won today in many ways but making sure the experiences were good. You have this to look forward to (smirk).

      Delete
  8. Ew! My mother has started over-sharing in recent years, too. (The same woman who, when I was growing up, referred to the toilet as the office!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitchell, my mother doesn't swear really and she once slapped my face for saying the s word. But in her old age she has been known to use the word herself. The DD is now quite old but she also seems quite fabulous.

      Delete
    2. posh voice - I'm going to the office!

      Delete
  9. I am amused, indeed I am! :)
    Strange thing that about mother's, their sons and daughters with too much information. Must run down the generations.
    The little one is certainly a bit of a trimmer then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WA, there was a You Tube video I tried to find, but I could not. I really focused on the subject in an excruciating manner.

      Delete
  10. What's wrong with pizza for breakfast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina, it is something for adults to guiltily do, not for children's breakfast. I am sure Jack does not eat pizza for breakfast.

      Delete
  11. Pizza=tomato based sauce for vitamin C+cheese for calcium. Add mushrooms+olives+capsicum (+pineapple) +garlic, maybe a little ham or mild salami, extra tomato slices, some people add spinach. Everything is there that you need for good nutrition. Don't forget the oregano.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost convinced me River. Amusing.

      Delete
  12. Yup, you did it again.. I'm LOL'ing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A smile on your dial before bed is good, Grace.

      Delete
  13. Hahaha, there are quite a few disturbing mental images swilling around in my brain!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hands over ears. Not hearing you Red. I don't want any mental images.

      Delete
  14. I've been known to have pizza and ice cream for breakfast, though never on the same day!! However, I did once have freshly roasted chestnuts and leftover sponge birthday cake for breakfast one memorable birthday - complete with kittens hanging off my dressing gown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, that should've been 'one memorable morning'!

      Delete
    2. Chestnuts a sponge is an interesting breakfast. What was that towelling like fabric used to make dressing gowns. I can well imagine kitten claws catching in that.

      Delete