Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Should I help?

I began to reply to this email and I was interrupted by something and did not finish the email. It is a little without salutations and politeness in my opinion and so I wonder if I should bother? Perhaps I could write a brief reply and see if a friendly politeness follows and I would then give more detail. What do you think? I would spend half an hour at least writing a reply. Am I being precious? Oh, yes, it did not work in the copy and paste, but her name and phone number were included.


We are thinking of purchasing on the apartments in an off the plan development due for completion around 2018 - 19

Do you have any comments about high rises and high rise living?  Any negatives and positives would be appreciated thanks.

14 comments:

  1. I wouldn't bother. Rude. Or you could politely recommend they read your entire blog in chronological order for the complete picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scott, a punishment worse than death, I should think.

      Delete
  2. I would love a City apartment as a 2nd HOME never as a first.....
    ( you can't get chickens in a city apart,rent)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, there are a few people in our building in such a situation, but the house usually gets sold after a while because they get too old and tire of maintaining two places.

      Delete
  3. I would go the brief reply route and see whether the terseness/rudeness continues...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I think that is a good idea. I like to be helpful but also appreciated. People have been very nice to me at times and I like to be so too.

      Delete
  4. Andrw, wow a fantastic idea reading your entire blog it would kill them too long

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe Gosia. It would indeed. Although they could click the label/tag called The Building.

      Delete
  5. If email is from an unknown the I would totally ignore it and send to trash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allan, I could do that, but hey look, I got a blog post out of it and some opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Elephant's Child, be polite but keep it brief and see where it goes from there. Be careful not to reveal any details about yourself, your address etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes River, good idea. I never do reveal but people can work out where if they put things together, but not which apartment or even level very easily.

      Delete
  8. I personally would reply, but then again I'm a big ole softy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have now Keith and kept it brief.

    ReplyDelete