Thursday, October 02, 2014

Here we go again

Invade Iraq? Haven't we done that already? Oh, it did not work, so we have to do it again.  Right, we aren't invading, just bombing them. That's ok then. No harm in that. Yes, keep our distance, us up in the air and them down on the ground. Pass me another B-52, if you please. No straw thanks.

What did you say? They will get cross as patch and retaliate? How so?  Their brothers and sisters in Australia will blow things up here? I am alert and terribly alarmed. What will they blow up? Important things, maybe even people. Oh dear, I see.

So what is the government doing to protect us from these retaliations? What? They can't really do anything because it is impossible to protect everything and everyone from someone who is very determined. But I am afraid I might get blown up. The government must do something.

Right, they are doing what they did last time by distracting us. How do they do this? Ok, let rubbish pile up at railway stations because they have removed rubbish bins where a bomb might be planted. Yes, that would distract me. I'd immediately be on to the train people about the rubbish. And will they have 83 year old Aunty Ethel from Edithvale tested for traces of explosives at the airport? Yes, quite so, you never know what could be in tube of denture adhesive. I feel a little reassured already. What else? The usual queuing thing. Yes, this is good. It amazing what people will tolerate if they think it will make them safe. So, I assume this is at sporting events and concerts? Good, very good. That really swings their mind when they hear others say, I don't mind the inconvenience if we are made to be safe.

So this will all pass in time and we can get back our normal trusting and caring society? Oh, only for a while and then it will all begin again. Ah, you say it might even be Iraq again, or anywhere else really. Oh well, I guess I better take it seriously. I just feel so weary of life at times. Perhaps you could mix me another B-52.

Anyway, thanks for all your information. I really do feel better about the invasion, sorry, bombing. One last thing. I seem to have lost my 'Stay alert, not alarmed', fridge magnet. Will there be some more? Please no, I don't want a 'Keep calm and carry on', magnet. They were made to keep the English calm after they were invaded. The government is working on a new idea? A poster? Hmm, I am really not sure about that. What have you got so far? Something along these lines, huh.

Good Moslem


Bad Moslem.

Sorry, I am not getting it? Ohhhh, we will all be talking about the way Moslem women dress and not notice what the government is doing. Well then, how brilliant is our government! Mr Mitchell's and Mr Jones' audience will have field day with that. Makes one kind of proud.

Sorry, I know I am being a pain, but I just can't quite remember why we are bombing them? Simple, you say? They are bad and we are good. That's good enough for me, cobber.

23 comments:

  1. This country is making me very sad at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, think how much in $s of aid one bombing raid could provide.

      Delete
  2. Oil or course, it's about oil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WA, I nearly added that, and pleased you did.

      Delete
  3. Ever since Belgium joined the coalition against the Islamic State, the security level has been raised too. I am always against wars, but these are not humans not even animals they are monsters and certainly not Islamists. Even the Muslims are protesting with their campaign "Not in my name" ! These monsters only understand one language, violence and war. On the other hand I wouldn't want my son as a soldier on the ground either, so bombs are maybe the only solution of stopping them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gattina, you are correct, worse than animals. However, what interest does Belgium have in the Middle East? About the same as Australia, that is oil. Neither of our countries has any business being there unless under the auspices of the United Nations.

      Delete
  4. I don't want to hear any more about it when the news comes on!
    Ostrich head in sand I guess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I don't blame you. It is viable way to deal with things.

      Delete
  5. And we are lurching into another war with no way of telling whether we have 'won' and are achieving our goals (whatever they are) and no exit strategy. Trust me, I am from the Government and I know more than you, and I have your best interests at heart.
    Yeah right...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But EC, we won last time in Iraq. Pressie Bush told us. The war machine must keep on rolling.

      Delete
  6. What if Sydney and Melbourne went to war about something or other and the other countries of the world backed one or the other wouldn't that create a mess.
    Internal matters have to be settled in the country involved.
    Merle...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merle, generally yes. Not our business. But when thousands of people are getting massacred the United Nations should step in. But they didn't in Rawanda or Cambodia until afterwards.

      Delete
  7. Go Captain Tony and Team Australia..........wasnt there a budget emergency? How can we afford all these bombs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allan, there is always money for war. No doubt members of our governments have shareholdings in arms companies or other companies that profit from war.

      Delete
  8. And if they are gunna ban the burqah can we also ban those silly old men in dresses with pointy hats from the other religions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What was that saying about those who do not learn from history?........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, in this case history only a decade old.

      Delete
  10. What's this? The B-52s are bombing people?
    Weren't they once a group that sang about a LOVE Shack?
    That's LOVE Shack, not WAR Shack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, one of the best songs to get people up onto the dance floor. Would you get up to dance to Love Shack with me?

      Delete
    2. I would if I could dance.

      Delete
  11. It's all too confusing Andrew, it would be nice not too have to steel oneself just to watch the news these days, never mind try to understand what is happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, as John is doing, I am just switching off and ignoring news. Maybe this is what our government wants.

      Delete