Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Visiting a friend in hospital

We collected a friend on the way, called in at our Brother Friends' home and the well one drove us to visit our friend in hospital today.

Our ill friend had just returned from xrays and was quite visibly in distress, but just before we arrived, his nurse had given him some pain medication and within a few minutes, he was much more normal.

Back at the well Brother Friends' house after the visit, we consumed party pies, sausage rolls and mini quiche, meant to go with champagne on auction day. The best laid plans of mice and men....

I couldn't help but take a few snaps though.

The rather interesting house next door to our friend who we picked up to take to the hospital to visit.


Birch trees are just coming into leaf with the arrival of Spring.


The Australian native paperback is not an attractive tree for inner or mid areas of greater Melbourne.


Our Brother Friends' front garden.


Do you have a better orchid? My Tradie Brother built this decking. More decking was subsequently built by others at the back of their house. None of it has stood the test of time.


Arum lilies at Box Hill hospital, just past their prime. The building in the background being built is a new home for our taxation office and one we can see from The Highrise even though it is a long way away. Beyond the street is a park with a small lake.


Within a couple of weeks this part of Box Hill hospital will be shut down and I don't know what will happen to it, either renovated or demolished. All patients will be moved to a brand new building.

14 comments:

  1. Andrew, I am jealous of your spring. Your friend's garden is beautiful. I like it. The hospital looks nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, You should see the back garden. It is spectacular. The hospital is soon to be either gutted and knocked down. The patients are moving to a new hospital on the same land. The garden is very nice though.

      Delete
  2. You have a lot on with your friends at the moment don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always something John, always something.

      Delete
  3. I quite like that house-next-door with the miniature balcony. Your friends garden is nice and tidy too, always like that? or ready for auction tidy?
    I hope your ill friend is much more comfortable soon. Will chemo help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, their garden is always neat as is their house inside and out. They dare a leaf to fall on their property, haha.

      I seems he will have chemo.

      Delete
  4. I hope your friend continues to feel much more comfortable. Loving the photos. Stunning orchid. And I would love to explore the 'house next door'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC. I had not taken notice of the house next door at the front, only having observed the back of it. I was surprised how interesting it is.

      Delete
  5. That's a cute house. The lilies, I bet they look good in reality and close up. Hope the friend goes alright with his illness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WA, it is a very large two storey house. I was impressed with the hospital garden and lawns. I hope it is kept. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Sad times for your friends Andrew, I guess all you can do is be there for them. They have a lovely garden, did you say they're selling this house? I agree the paperbarks belong along a river bed somewhere not in the city, plane trees are so much more attractive even if they are messy.. I do believe I have never seen such a magnificent orchid, totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, the house was sold last Saturday. Yes, nothing wrong with native plants in the right places, but not as street trees. It is a ripper orchid, for sure.

      Delete
  7. That orchid is amazing, my nanna would be jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fen, they do have green thumbs.

    ReplyDelete