Saturday, August 23, 2014

Dear Aunty ABC

Aunty, I seldom have cause to address you because I have little to complain about. You continue to present generally good tv and I continue to watch.

However, Tom for tomorrow in your programme promotions is really getting up my throat craw.

Also, I am so fed up with promotions for Doctor Who. Well, I thought I was until the ads came on for resin statues of Dr Who. Now I am really fed up to point where I am so sick of the promotion, I don't think I will watch the new episodes of Doctor Who.

Promotion is a fine line, and you have overstepped it with resin statues. You wouldn't happen to have a blow up doll of a younger Ian Henderson would you?

13 comments:

  1. Andrew, I like ii and you are right. /at my place is the same too many adds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, you would not believe how bad our commercial tv is for ads. There are many more than in Europe or England.

      Delete
  2. Sadly as the ABC funding continues to be cut I think we are going to see more of this ugliness. Hiss and spit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, funding cuts from he who said he would not cut its funding.

      Delete
    2. He doesn't apppear to have a very intimate relationship with truth.

      Delete
  3. These abbreviations have been around for a few weeks now - Ton for tonight??
    There were complaints about this last week when Jon Faine had his weekly chat with Debbie Enker. Maybe it's our age group that doesn't like them because some (younger) listeners didn't seem to mind
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, yes we are dinosaurs, but I don't care. I think it is plain ugly. I must have missed Debbie that week.

      Delete
  4. I don't watch ABC much at all, yet I've seen the ads for the Dr Who doll set, I think on channel 7 or 72. The new Dr Who series starts tonight here and I'm going to watch to see if it is any good. I didn't know they were bringing back Clara, I didn't like her much, although I don't have a reason why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Clara was great, River.

      Delete
  5. Over-promotion is so annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annoying, yes Dina. Effective, probably.

      Delete
  6. I thought David Tennant was the one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very fickle Grace, as you would know by now.

      Delete