Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I is back

We arrived home at 9pm Sunday after around thirty hours of air travel. Thankfully Sister had taken the hint that her and Little Jo's presence would be not welcome and we did not need collection from the airport, much as we have loved to see them in any other circumstance. Sister had stayed at the Highrise thrice and for her final stay, had washed and dried towels and bedding and vacuumed. The place was very clean and tidy and Little Jo had drawn a welcome home art piece and lovely fresh yellow roses were in a vase.

Can't really say we suffered jetlag, but my head space has been weird. I think tonight, Tuesday night, I have evened out and managed to get a long blogpost together, which will probably go online tomorrow. I don't have to return to work until next Sunday and I need to use the time to catch up on things and sort photos. I am sure you don't want to see about 2,500 photos.

I read all of your posts while I was travelling and thanks for amusing, entertaining and informing me. I don't actively blog when I am on holidays, but I do read blogs.

So tomorrow, here we go with my holiday tales. As per usual, it will start off heavy with photos and writing and progressively reduce.

I may mention it again, but Australia is a really good country and I am happy to be home. Other countries are different, neither good or bad, just different. Some things are better in other places and some things are not.

Travel does really broaden one's mind.


21 comments:

  1. Travel really does open our minds up and broaden them. I couldn't agree more! I was in Germany in April and it changed my life. Glad to see you back Andrew!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Keith, you were also somewhat smitten with someone there. We saw a little of Germany and liked what we saw. Thanks for the nice return greeting.

      Delete
  2. Welcome home! Allow yourself a day of adjustment for each time zone crossed, even if you are feeling bouncy at the moment. Be kind to your (ever so slightly) aged body.

    Now winter is here, I would love to be O.S. The next trip will be to Shanghai and Harbin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aged body Hels? How rude. Next thing you will be calling me a fat old queen. Don't worry. As a blue collar shift worker, I adjust quickly to changing time.

      Do walk along the Bund with a head covering parasol and admire the architecture.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to your photos and stories! Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I hope so you put a lot of interesting photos from Europe. It is nice to hear you have spent a great and interesting time in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope my photos are ok Gosia. Enjoying your traveller tales.

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to reading and seeing all you have to share. (I hate airplane head.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitchell, the problem with the world is it is so far from Australia.

      Delete
  6. Welcome back. Really welcome back. I have missed your take on the world and am really looking forward to seeing and reading more about your travels.
    And I hope you did see and enjoy the violence the corellas inflicted on pigeons I posted on the last Sunday Selections.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, thanks. Yes, I did catch the garden blue.

      Delete
  7. Huge welcome back Andrew, I missed you :) now going up to read tomorrows post and yes I agree, travel is fab, especially Paris but Perth is best..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, you centred me while I was away. Grace was still posting photies of Perth and the world is well.

      Delete
  8. Welcome back Andrew! Will no go and read your travel posts and take notes to add to my ever-growing 'must see while we're in Europe' list... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 'now' I meant 'now,' honestly, not 'no' !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you enjoy them Kath. Sometimes typos can be quite levelling, for the victim.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome home! About to read your posts coz I've been slack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fen. Not too much to read yet.

      Delete