Sunday, April 20, 2014

Suanday Selections

Check out River's, Jackie's and Elephant's Child's blogs to see if they have posted Sunday Selections.

The face off over parking lasted only a few seconds until one motorist decided it was a battle not worth fighting. I honestly could not judge who deserved the spot. They both swung in at the same time.


Nice arrangement R. Orchids can be difficult to arrange, so I've been told. I wouldn't know.


Overnight our dishcloth disappeared. We use open weave Chux giant cloths. R thinks it may have gone out with vegetable peelings. Once while waiting for the lift something caught my eye and the Chux dishcloth has attached itself to the velcro on my work bag. Could have been embarrassing had I not noticed. We had no spare Chux so R bought what I used to call a Wettex at the local shop for local people. For some reason he thinks it is a good idea to drape it over the tap. I not like! It belongs in the cupboard under the sink.


At Flinders Street here used to be banks of telephones either side in boxes lined by fine metal mesh over insulation, to deaden external noise..........or was that somewhere else. I have a vivid memory of the phones, but it may not have been here. To the left and out of shot is the external gate of an old lift cage. Melbourne is such a modern metropolis.


Pansies. No, not you chaps. As the US army says, they are collateral damage.


Something strange was growing in Fawkner Park.


Good god, they are multiplying. Actually, they had just landed, the white one in a very confined space and it was a long time before it deflated. I suspect something did not go quite to plan.


Does my bum look big in this? You can check with butt cam opposite the clothing shop changing room.



Later edit: Suanday? Maunday in the subject line? Must have been Maundy Thursday on my mind, been the good Christian lad I am.

28 comments:

  1. The balloon shot is quite surreal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes John, at not long after dark when I awoke, it was very surreal.

      Delete
  2. The balloons are great I would like one of them land on my balcony it would a nice suprise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, just them passing by so close is wonderful.

      Delete
  3. Butt cam? Now that is a sadistic idea. Probably desirable, but sadistic.
    I suspect that they didn't want to tangle the deflating balloons on twigs/branches.
    Love the orchids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes EC, I think that might have been the case about the balloon. I only have a fear of gut cam.

      Delete
  4. The balloons always look good but for a minute I wondered if they were stuck on the trees, wouldn't that be dicey landing in the park.
    Merle....................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to able to land in very confined places Merle. I expect our crash balloon landing was not so common.

      Delete
  5. Butt cams? Now there's a left field idea. Watch out for butt cams, coming to a gay club near you.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, I would not trust a shop with butt cam. But I would like to see the bloke images.

      Delete
  6. Oh god I do NOT need Butt Cam. Or I probably do but can't handle it.
    That parking dispute happened to us once, the exact same circumstance. The occupants of the other car loudly accused us of stealing the space, I said we didn't, they kept going and I became incensed and yelled at them to F off, in front of my kids. Not my best moment. Got the space though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, sometimes kids do see that their parents are not the perfect people they ought to be. I am secretly pleased you got the parking spot.

      Delete
  7. R's choice of spot for the wiping cloth is very practical, A: ready to do the job when needed and, more importantly, airing to prevent getting smelly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh no marcellous :)

      I am delighted to hear that other couples debate where to put the wettex, after it has been used. I don't want to see a wet or used wettex anymore than I want to see a used toilet brush. Put it away!!!!

      Delete
    2. Marcellous, since R has stopped working and taken charge of the after the evening meal dish cloth, it has smelt. I will tolerate this new arrangement for a time.

      Delete
    3. Hels, I agree. There is a reason why there is a cupboard below the sink.

      Delete
  8. A butt cam! What a fabulous idea.
    I agree with marcellous, dishcloths should be hung to dry between uses to prevent bacterial growth and smell.
    The pansies look nice, but I prefer the ones with 'faces'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I had forgotten about pansies with faces. They are great.

      Delete
  9. Butt cam wtf! Hmmmm.
    I hate dishcloths, they inevitably end up stinky somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, they need to go into hot soapy water each night and they won't smell.

      Delete
  10. Butt cam. What a hoot! Can't do much for sales though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun60, maybe it is a flattering lens? Not fish eye, I am sure.

      Delete
  11. The Butt cam is funny, though I think Fun60 has a good point. Though maybe the people who shop at that store have really good butts, so it's okay for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina, from what I saw in that store, the camera should be switched off.

      Delete
  12. Goodness change room mirrors are bad enough without a butt cam Andrew.. best mirrors ever are in Lululemon, bet they have phenomenal sales :) Sponges are the same deal, short lived before they begin to smell and out they go. Tell R merci beaucoup for the orchid tip, they do look lovely in the shallow vase with glass stones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to google that shop Grace. It is not one I would normally frequent.

      Delete
  13. Odd that the dishcloth is smelly even when hung to dry. Is it being rinsed in hot water and wrung out as dry as possible after each use? Even if that use is just to wipe a spill. I do that with my sponges, rinse under running hot water then wring out and sit it on the rack where it dries thoroughly. No smell and I'll use one until it falls apart, unless I wipe something off the floor, then it goes straight in the bin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I tried to keep in simple, but obviously too simple. When I do the dishes, I put hot water and detergent in the sink to wipe surfaces down. Then if smeary, I might use Windex. Never get black granite bench tops. R goes straight for the Windex and the cloth doesn't see hot soapy water, and so since he stopped working, he is mostly doing the dishes. The dish cloth normally sits under the sink and it smells as it is not going into hot soapy water. However, the Wettex when it dries draped over the tap, does not smell.

      Delete