Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Sister Visit

Sister, Bone Doctor and Little Jo stayed last Wednesday night. They went to a comedy festival performance. Before hand I said to R, they will be going to see Hannah Gadsby. Hannah comes from the same Tasmanian town as our Dyke Friend. Sure enough, that is who they saw.

Little Jo and R decorated some Easter eggs, made pizzas for dinner and watched a dvd with Andrew serving them the ritual popcorn. When Sister and Bone Doctor returned, we poured glasses of wine and stayed up a bit too late having a great chat. Too late for me, so I had call work and tell them I would be unwell the next day.

Bone Doctor had to leave early in the morning to saw off a leg or two and I am not sure who did it but I had little cellophane bag of tiny Easter eggs slipped inside my bedroom door when I woke this morning.

R's birthday gift from Sister a few weeks ago was tickets for he and Little Jo to see the Dr Seuss musical Seussical. Sister went into town with them and moseyed around the State Library and shops. R and Little Jo agreed the show was fantabulous.

I stayed home and did washing and tidied the place up, best as I could. I did go out for coffee though to a place that had closed and has reopened. A couple of police people were sitting near me and their voices were loud and it was interesting to listen to their conversation. You know where Annie.

Mother has absolutely refused to go on the trip with Sister to Bright to see the Autumn trees. R should go in her place as the accommodation is already booked. Sister and Bone Doctor are more of a camping types, but they booked very nice accommodation assuming Mother would go, without checking with her first. I want to go. Pity about work. This is where they will stay in Bright.

To conclude I must tell a Little Jo tale. You probably won't remember when I mentioned that Sister opened Little Jo's money box when she was about three years old and found a fifty dollar and twenty dollar note stuffed inside. Little Jo 'had found them' in one of her mothers' purses. For some reason this was mentioned in front of Little Jo last night. We didn't think she was listening. Ah, that's right. I was offering to exchange four big silver coins to her for one gold coin, telling her she would have more coins by the swap and therefore more money. My devious profit motivated plan to cheat a child failed.

'Andrew, sometimes I find gold coins in the laundry from the washing and I put them in my money box'. Sister and Bone Doctor sat up straight, raised their eyebrows and then the questions began.

16 comments:

  1. I boned a doctor once

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you did a good job John.

      Delete
  2. Little Jo is no dummy Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rubye, I think she is going to run rings around us when she is older.

      Delete
  3. They start young nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, I am not sure why. She has never really been taught anything about money.

      Delete
  4. Andrew, you have spent a great time with your relatives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, it is usually good and we laugh.

      Delete
  5. Ha ha Little Jo is smart, no one remembered those coins anyway, so she was putting them to good use!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do enjoy a bit of family gossip , I often wish we had a bigger one so it would not be about me so much, but it's all fun.
    Merle.................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Merle, you made me laugh.

      Delete
  7. Little Jo reminds me of a tale often told about me. When I was small (just walking) my father held out a handful of coins to see which I would choose - the big, the little or the shiny? I apparently scooped the lot.
    Bright is on my wish list - and Autumn would be the perfect time.
    I eavesdrop too. I would have enjoyed listening in at that cafe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice work EC. You showed promise. I have been to Bright a couple of times, but not for about 25 years. It is lovely.

      Delete
  8. Bright looks lovely.
    Gold coins in the laundry?
    Does someone forget to empty their pockets?
    Or do people leave unused coins in the machines?
    Giggling here at Little Jo finding money in wallets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I would guess she checks pockets. I might just keep an eye on my wallet when she is around.

      Delete