Friday, February 28, 2014

Happy in Melbourne

From Glasgow to Gibraltar, from Marrakesh to Milan and Nah Trang to New York, everyone is making their own Pharrell Williams 'Happy' video and uploading it to You Tube. I rather enjoyed the Glasgow effort. I do like a boi in a kilt although those sporrans look rather dangerous when dancing around.

What about Melbourne? Being Australia's cultural capital, we go one step further with a live performance using one of the free pianos spread around the city. She is a great singer n spite of the audio being a bit dodgy. Note her pained expression at .24, possibly unhappy with the tuning at the high end of the keyboard.



It seems there may be a competition. I showed R the Melbourne one, and while he liked it, he had not heard Happy.

One only from each country. Most feature the cities where they were filmed and are great little travelogues. If there are multiple ones from your city and there is a better one that I have linked to, let me know and I may change it. Sydney's is really good. My heart cries and cheers for Cambodia's. China's is very cutesy with gorgeous toddlers. No, I have not watched them all. I have tasted.

Happy in:

Glasgow
Brussels
Tokyo
Sydney
London
Paris
Vienna
Budapest
Warsaw
Amsterdam
Syracuse (US)
Dublin
Hong Kong
Barcelona
Dubai
Bizerta (Tunisia)
Montreal
Geneva
Singapore
Cologne
Cape Town
Beirut
Bermuda
Tel Aviv
Bucharest
Jamaica
Moscow
Santiago
Florence
Jajce (Bosnia Herzegovina)
Kampot (Cambodia)
Antananarivo (Madagascar)
Kuwait
Mexico City 
Dubrovnik 
China
Slovenia
Stockholm
Denmark
Jordan
Mauritius

A few countries are missing. Get your act together and make a Happy video.

Some more:

Zagreb
Split, Croatia
High Tatris, Slovakia
Abu Dhabi
Martinique
Ruse, Bulgaria
Tahiti
Beijing
Belgrade
Marrakech
Cassablanca
Agadir
Zenica, Bosnia 
Bucaramanga, Columbia 
Rio de Janeiro
New York City
Istanbul
Saigon
Seville
Bratislava
Prague
Brono, Czech
Banska Stiavnica, Slovakia
Florence
Marseille
Washington DC
Dallas
Salzburg
Dusseldorf
Hamburg
Mumbai

12 comments:

  1. They are cheerful and I agree with you, Sydney's video is excellent (but then I am biased).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of the better ones Victor. Bare topped guys helped. Sadly most of the Euro ones have been made in winter.

      Delete
  2. Wow all videos are nice but the most important is our world is a global village

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, and something like this connects the world.

      Delete
  3. That was fun. I hadn't heard of this before. Sadly no Brisbane. Maybe we should do one with old farts from U3A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, I searched for older people performing for Happy, but with no luck, so go for it.

      Delete
  4. That's interesting ! I have never heard of that song and watched where I can be happy in Brussels, lol !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you recognise the places Gattina?

      Delete
  5. I'll have to come back and watch these later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, as you can guess I have heard the song, or parts of it many times during my 'research'. I am still not sick of it.

      Delete
  6. The Sydney one is good and it certainly has had lots of views.. I'm not sure how anyone can't have heard Happy, it gets played a million times a day on the radio :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, rather depends on which radio station you listen to. We will be hearing it in musak soon, I expect.

      Delete