Sunday, November 03, 2013

Sunday Selections

What will River come up with this week for her Sunday Selections?
Will Jackie have a Sunday Selections?
I have one for this weekend.

Paths not going where people want to walk.





I am fairly sure this is a flowering crabapple tree. There is a possibility it is a dogwood, but I think the former is more likely.


It is a very nice entrance and garden for Diva apartments, an office block converted to apartments. Unfortunately there are no balconies.


There is such a thing as a bamboo bicycle, but I think this one is decorative only.


Oh dear, the route 72 tram came off the tracks. I was passing by in a bus.


There are things of interest in this photo.  Note the three people standing on the footpath. One is a policewoman. There were two police there and three adults half an hour earlier. I don't have a clue what was happening. Unrelated, I believe, this van pulled up and its long mast rose into the air. Again, I don't have a clue. It did not stay very long.


The eyes have it. What eyes? Where are the eyes?


After dinner detritus. Left over kedgeree in the green container will be consumed the next day. Left over wine was consumed immediately. The ugly electric salt and pepper grinders will go into the cupboard and  the electric cookbook will soon be on R's lap and converted to an electric real estate device or a game of electric solitaire.


A little colour in the Bourke Street tram track paving.


The sun setting over Port Phillip Bay


Oh dear, I am going to have to buy a new doona cover soon. Damn. I like this one.


Two nibble products from Daiso. The savoury tasted like a cross between a crisp and a Cheezel, the sweet was something like a firm piece of Turkish delight but not as sweet.


20 comments:

  1. Well that was a mixture.
    Merle.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paths say something about human nature, I think.
    Love the bamboo bike.
    The mannequin's black lips look like a beard, no matter how much I try to see them as lips.
    A few minutes at a sewing machine could preserve that doona cover.

    Leftover wine consumed immediately? A nice turn of phrase, that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FC, clever people look at goat tracks before they build paths. That is where do people walk. There was some good work done at Monash Uni.

      I think I may very well take my doona cover to my dressmaker.

      It was R's left over wine. I drank it, and then poured myself another. I don't take mood altering drugs.

      Delete
  3. Get out the sewing machine Andrew and stitch a length of charcoal fabric about two inches wide all along that seam. Yes, right around the doona cover. Gros grain ribbon would be good and sturdy too, that's the stuff that used to be the bands around school summer hats, get it from a good haberdashery and your doona cover will be good for another ten years at least.
    Lovely sunset and I like the entrance to the office/apartment block, but the block itself still looks like offices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, with what shall I stitch dear Liza, with what shall it stitch it, with what. Thanks for your encourage to get it mended. I will leave it to the pros.

      Delete
  4. I could never live in an apartment without a balcony - I would go proper mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too right Fen. You have to have an outdoor area to be blasted by 100 km/h winds.

      Delete
  5. I don't really get the concept of leftover wine ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, it was an unusual occasion.

      Delete
  6. Well, I've never heard of a "Cheezel" but the name alone tells me I probably wouldn't like it! I really enjoyed this collection of photos. And you hit one of my pet peeves — poor footpath planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitchell, footpaths are built and we should follow them, but we don't. We walk the shortest looking route.

      Delete
    2. And that's what designers should plan for...

      Delete
    3. Mitchell; cheezels are snack food, cheesy flavoured crispy rings, kids here put them on their fingers and eat them that way sometimes. Google them and see, they're nice, although I haven't had any for years. Do you know about burger rings?

      Delete
  7. I love your eclectic Sunday mixture. You are so right about pathways. Why go the long way round when you can see a short cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun60, a local university had a large area become available and before paths were added for students to cross the grass, their natural paths across were noted and that was where the paths were laid.

      Delete
  8. I really love your Sunday Selections. I should come by more often. I will come by more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC. You are most welcome.

      Delete
  9. Tres interesting series of images Andrew, why am I suddenly craving turkish delight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now you mention it Grace, so am I and they have all gone.

      Delete