Friday, August 16, 2013

Eggheads

A person on my blog list posts rarely posts now, but she once appeared on a tv show quiz programme. I think it was called Who Wants to be a Millionaire but it could have been another. She did quite well, although I don't think she became a millionaire. The show is hosted by Eddie McGuire, aka, Eddie Everywhere. He seems to have disappeared a bit of late, but there was a time when he was everywhere.

It is a pretty awful show, with many seconds of suspense and silly chatter. You could visibly age and die between when the question is asked and a reply given.

I am rarely home at 5pm, but when I am, R usually watches an English tv quiz show called The Eggheads. A rotating regular cast of three are against three challengers. The regular cast are the Eggheads, and they are smart but not smart like our own Barry Jones. They have collective knowledge.

Anyway, it a gem of show. It is simple and entertaining. I can't imagine why anyone would want to look at a website about The Eggheads, but I bet there is one. Back in moment. Wow, a Wikipedia piece indeed. Oh lordy. This was going to just a quick post, instead I will make it a Friday You Tube post with this clip from Egg Heads. Have you ever thought about the Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel's breasts? Can't say I have really.

16 comments:

  1. That's the first time I've ever seen anything funny on an eggheads clip. Even the question seems uncharacteristic.
    Nonetheless, what a great image of Angela Merkel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FC, I reckon she and Gordon Brown would get along well. They both seem to epitomise dour.

      Delete
  2. I like Eggheads too. That's very funny. I'm guessing that the Korean leaders breasts might beat Angela's if we'd gone that far! Jeremy Vine is a treasure. He also has a daily radio show on BBC radio 2 which is a mix of music and current affairs phone in. It's very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly so Craig about the Great Leader's breasts. Vine's radio show sounds quite like our ABC Local Radio. Does he get accused of being a lefty?

      Delete
    2. Not at ll, he's very adept at being centrist. He's also a host of the BBC documentary seres Panorama. If you're up late one night try a listen on the BBC R2 live Internet feed. Starts at noon UK time weekdays.

      Delete
    3. Craig, perhaps it is different here, but essentially if you question a right wing politician, you are an extreme lefty. We see Panorama here when there are budget cuts to our ABC and they need to buy some cheap product. We are geoblocked from watching the BBC, and I don't do late night anymore.

      Delete
  3. I'll have a look at Eggheads when it comes on in half an hour. I don't know that it is my type of show, but I'll give it a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I know you will now some answers to questions. So how did it go?

      Delete
    2. Not my kind of show. I got a couple of answers right. Might have another look another day.

      Delete
    3. Can't believe I misspelt know River. I would be a spelling contestant fail.

      Delete
  4. Dad used to love Eggheads, would watch it everyday (Foxtel) and enjoyed using his brain.
    The other show you mentioned with He Who Shall Not Be Named (no, not Lord Voldemort, at least he had a slight sense of humility) is dreadful.
    Three Hail Marys and 45 mins of The Footy Show repeats for your sins, DrewAn :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. DrewAn Jayne? I haven't heard that for years.

    Funny, today I was thinking, how long is it since Jayne's father died. Is it an anniversary soon? As I get older, years get compressed. But I think about two years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a good show, I watch it if I have time..but did you see the first in the 'election' series of the 'Gruen Transfer' On ABC ..OMG that program is hilarious, Will Anderson is a gem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep Grace. Wil was brilliant as always. Out of all the stars of screen and tube, he is a person I would most like to 'have fun with'.

      Delete
  7. On the Gruen Nation, Andrew, I think John Hewson should finally drop the line about him producing the longest political suicide note in history. He has used it every election since he lost the 'unloseable' election.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep Victor, he should. Has been politicians are actually worse than the present ones.

    ReplyDelete