Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday Selections

I don't know if River will be returning home by Sunday to post her Sunday Selections, but I am doing mine anyway.

Something was pulled down and these signs were exposed. The only time I have ever drunk Fosters was when we were in England and that was all I could get on tap that was like what I knew. It was lousy and I don't even know if it is available here anymore.


The Victorian Railways administration building in Spencer Street, now apartments.


An infill building, which was there before it became infill.


Yarn bombing, Royal Parade.


Do not adjust your monitor. They are Lego sculptures. Even I can recognise the first one.



Con trails look better when you can see all of them, and not a small section. I am not sure if this one was mood altering dousing to keep us citizens calm, or spraying us for lice.


Three balloons landing together in Albert Park.


The Flinders Street train viaduct.


And this newer one runs parallel. I know which I prefer.


Mews. I must look up the precise definition.


Father's Office is a bar in Little Lonsdale Street. My age and my self consciousness prevents me from entering.


I don't know if you can see it very well in the photo but honestly, you leave three tradies alone in your apartment for a few hours to lay carpet and you end up with a hand print on your wardrobe door. "Brace yourself Effie!" Clearly Hyacinth was on to something when warning people to not brush past her walls. 

15 comments:

  1. haa haa we use that phrase a lot "Brace yourself Effie" I didn't think anyone else did. That is annoying, messy tradies I'm married to one. (only joking) Love your selections. I'd like to know more about Yarn Bombers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, it is a great movie line. I saw someone post a photo of yarn bombing from overseas. I can't remember who now. Just a bit of fun for people.

      Delete
  2. Pleased to see the yarn bombing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun60, re the above, was it you?

      Delete
  3. The Lego structures are great!
    I like the yarn bombing too and the infill building.
    The Flinders St viaduct, the old one, is so much better than the new. It has character and history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, the old viaduct is very nice, and somewhat of a labyrinth.

      Delete
  4. Hope the tradies weren't snooping through your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ad Rad, I emptied my bedside cabinet of bits and pieces into bags which I stuck into the wardrobe. Perhaps they were and found stuff to excite them.

      Delete
  5. Bedside bits and pieces oooo! Intriguing :)) Super series of Sunday shots Andrew. I too prefer the older viaduct, you knew I would! One definition of mews, a group of stable buildings converted into apartments, c'est possible in this case? Very cool name for a pub, some would say Father is a lucky man :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I very much doubt that they were originally stables. Clearly the name has taken on a more generic meaning. Yes, many father's would like such an office.

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed the eclectic tour Andrew - the old viaduct is lovely.
    Nothing wrong with having a Hyacinth moment - I have them about 22 hours per day. Always nice to hear Mrs D (who looks and sounds worryingly like my Mother) quoted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig, your memory of the movie is better than mine. Ah, just remembered. Doubtfire.

      Delete
  7. "The Victorian Railways administration building in Spencer Street, now apartments."

    -- Isn't it The Grand Hotel, as per the sign on the top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, hotel apartments? Obsessively check the detail as I do, still I get it wrong.

      Delete
    2. I've just remembered something about a dome needed repair and apartment owners fighting over who was paying, so it must be a mix of a hotel and privately owned apartments.

      Delete