Monday, July 01, 2013

But it isn't me, truly

Do I have a young reader? Probably not. I am not sure I would read my own blog if I was young. Nevertheless, here is a lecture to you younguns who don't read my blog. The word to focus on is 'selfie'.

In gay 'social media' sites.......ok, I am being disingenuous. In gay pick up sites or when using the gay phone app Grindr, an app that straight male comedians seem to find so fascinating, you will often be asked to send your photo via whatever system you are using. Sometimes it may be after a nice chat with someone, or even a 'stimulating' chat, or it could be as cold as a message from the blue from someone who you don't know, 'pic?'.

It is pointless telling you not to do it.You will, but I can offer you some useful advice, and that is don't send you face pic with an R rated pic. That also means don't include in your R pic an identifiable tattoo or body mark.

Just yesterday I heard of a young guy and girl chatting on Facebook, with him becoming increasingly suggestive and then unprompted, he sent her an R rated full face and body selfie in, shall we say, a state of excitement. She was very annoyed that he had taken such liberties and she looked and found his mother's FB profile and private messaged her a copy of the conversation and the photo he had sent.

So kiddies while some of you many not care, some of you will and you may very well end up on ugotposted.com . I don't like the site and I consider it a terrible invasion and a cruel and horrible thing to do to people, but I do look at it, really just to check if an Australian has been posted, and they are often enough. You may not care to look because there is nudity, girls and guys, so the essence is someone's face photos are posted, then their rudie selfie, followed by their full name and a linked url to their Facebook profile.

To summarise, keep your face pic separate separate from you rudie photo, watch what is identifiable in the background (your grannies crochet work), remember to not include any identifying body marks and then should you end up on ugotposted, deny, deny and deny again that it is your rudie selfie, unless you are particularly pleased with the association. In that case, just grin in a smug manner when being accused.

I'll bash off now. There is something on the net I must check out, again.

16 comments:

  1. I am young I am 50

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Younger than me John, but not young.

      Delete
  2. I have a similar problem with my blog. I take photos of stuff around the flat, then realise photos of the kids and grandkids are in the background, so have to cover them and re take the photos.
    I do wish that young people would be more careful about what they post on facebook etc. They need to think ahead rather then be impulsive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I suppose it is not the end of the world if kids photos were in your posts. It is not like you indulge in outrageous net behaviour, well, not that I have noticed. But really, they are entitled to privacy.

      Facebook is the biggest worry I think. It is very hard to get rid of things on the net, especially if people have saved something of yours. But being young is to be impulsive. We can only hope the damage is not great.

      Delete
    2. It can't happen Andrew. When I started the blog I made promises to protect their privacy. I have featured one son, but asked permission first and he agreed because he is all over facebook anyway.

      Delete
    3. River, it is interesting to learn that you even mentioned it to them when you started. Did you say to them that you were thinking of starting a blog? While I have done the same as yourself, mostly protecting family privacy, and R does not really like my blog and rarely looks at it, it was my decision to start it. In the end, a diligent person could find out exactly who I am, my work and my family, but I doubt that I am that interesting. If I google Andrew Highriser, there I am. If I google what R and family call me, I am not on the internet at all, except for my personal Facebook and having just checked now, I am not even coming up there.

      Delete
  3. I'm intrigued by the nature of some of the websites you discover Andrew; I'm sure mostly by accident!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one was by accident Victor. Most of them are.

      Delete
  4. You made me follow that link. It took me ages to decide if I like it or not :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like Mary Whitehouse, Craig, you must watch or read to see if it is ok or not.

      Delete
  5. In the early days of IRC (internet relay chat channels), I trusted everyone and was not at all cautious :( This was a BIG mistake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite wild in IRC at times Hels.

      Delete
  6. Hahahahahha1 You crack me up Andrew, you just never know what you're going to find when you click on here :))))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha, oh dear. I find unsolicited photos rather tedious. I was perusing Grindr just last night with a gay friend. It makes for a lot of amusement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, it is certainly good for a laugh. Lucky I wasn't playing with my phone last night.

      Delete