Friday, June 07, 2013

Pracatan

I don't think I have ever put up a clip of Marguerite Pracatan. She was a frequent guest on Clive James' show. I generally liked Clive's show. To this day when we are at Prahran Market having breakfast and the trio of musical instrument players come around, we say to each other, oh no, not the Mariachi band, which is along the lines of what Clive said when he toured Central America and came across them frequently.

Older and no more wiser but more knowledgeable than when Clive was on tv, I now say Marguerite is Latin American. She is still performing and some twenty years later looks 'younger' than she did on the show.

Marguerite performs for Clive and Liza, that's Liza with a zee not an s (song reference before everyone hounds me for writing zee).


8 comments:

  1. Catching up on your goss, gawd I love the commentary you've slipped in below "post a comment"...yes, yes, you probably added it last millennium and I've missed it whilst being elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am am not alone in wondering where you have been Jayne.

      Delete
  2. Oh that was FABULOUS Andrew, I used to loooooove that show, Clive James is brilliant, so clever with words. I wonder how he is these days, I know that he's been very ill with the 'c' thing over the last few years. Margarita Pracatan was a gem n'est pas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just guessing Grace, but I suspect Clive is quite unwell. 'Pracatan, I love you', she used to say.

      Delete
    2. After reading your post I binged on some of her YouTube clips. Great fun. I have an autographed CD oh hers actually.

      Delete
    3. James, she was very entertaining. I wonder if the CJ show is better in my memory than it was at the time.

      Delete
  3. Oh gawd, the market is a MESS at the moment. I was there on Thursday, felt so sorry for the traders squished into the middle bit. I often buy a flat thing from the turkish lady, mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, while your comment has nothing to do with the price of fish, I wasn't aware things were happening at the market. We were in a rush on Saturday and so bought flowers elsewhere.

      Delete