Saturday, May 25, 2013

La lune

As we smoked a Gauloise and sipped from our glasses filled with a drink concocted from some Scottish grain and pure water from a Scottish stream, I noticed we were illuminated by a full moon in a clear sky while we were sitting on the balcony. Lordy, it was bright. It is a full moon and very strong. I don't like being so strongly illuminated, but now I know why there are so many crazys around.

I am not superstitious  but for some odd reason, I do believe that a full moon makes people crazy.

11 comments:

  1. Only where single malt is involved...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Craig, quite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many who work/have worked in emergency departments swear a full moon affects people's behaviour. I also believe excessively windy days drive some people crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FC, Sister said her level 12 boys go crazy if it is a windy Friday afternoon.

      Delete
  4. I admired the moon as I walked home from work Friday night. It was full, huge and low on the horizon - looked really beautiful. I love moon-gazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wombat, it is full moon in Japan at the same time it is here. Interesting. Must study that one day.

      Delete
    2. Indeed. Who would've thunk it!!

      Delete
  5. I must admit I find a full moon a little eerie also Andrew, I may have watched too many horror movies when I was younger :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I don't find it eerie, but its effect is.

      Delete
  6. It's not a superstition at all! A random survey of cab drivers I've conducted over many years has a 100% agreement rate that a full moon brings out the crazies. Anecdotal evidence from many others also confirms this ... maybe I can get my doctorate or something in proving it?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, nurses, police, public transport workers and paramedics will all confirm the fact.

      Delete