Friday, April 19, 2013

A Daddo here, a Daddo there, see the Daddos everywhere

There was a time in Australia when the Daddo brothers were omnipresent on our televisions screens. They were absolutely everywhere and it mattered little which channel you might tune into, there would be a Daddo not far away. They were nice looking blokes, all three of them. Where have they all gone? There was an Andrew Daddo...........that is all I can remember. Wait, Lochie. Cameron? Shall google be my friend?

Andrew has a  twin brother, Jamie, who is an artist it seems. Well, not many will know him.

An old photo of Lochie Daddo and a more recent one below. At 43, he is still nice enough. When he was young, I thought he was a cutie.



My favourite was Cameron. What fabulous hair he had and while it may be shorter now, but there is still plenty of it. At 48, I can still see some hotness. I am pleased to see his furrowed brow has reduced as he has aged!


Andrew, now 46, was not my favourite, but I did see him on tv not so long ago. This is the only photo of his younger self that I could find online. Very odd. Can one obliterate one's old photos on the internet? Thankfully Aussie tv historian Andrew to the rescue (did I hear him on PM last Monday talking about the demise of Days of our Lives on free to air tv?)


27 comments:

  1. Cameron looks rather nice now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does John. He is quite grateful to his surgeon.

      Delete
  2. A good post Andrew, I did enjoy reading it. Like you, Andrew was the name I remember too, although now that you mention it, Cameron comes back too - Andrew and Cameron Daddo. Don't ever remember a third one. Brings back memories - those were the days eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BFG, indeed, more innocent times. And when MELBOURNE WASN'T FLOODED BY CAR TRAFFIC.

      Delete
  3. I remember the Daddo boys, they were nice looking and I was very jealous of Cameron's hair. They're still nice looking now. I hadn't known about the twin, Jamie. It seems they're like the Baldwins, there's always another one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baldwins River? Who are they ?

      Delete
  4. Wait, there was a fourth one who DIDN'T enter show biz? I'm shocked.

    Cameron was my favourite...I recall he even appeared on shows from the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melrose Place, apparently AdRad.

      Delete
  5. I always thought Daddo was such an unusual name and in my youthful naivety felt sorry that they had to grow up with it. However all the brothers were very good looking to my adolescent gay eyes and all have had the good fortune (and good maintenance) to grow older beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok Victor, I will bite. Adolescent gay eyes indeed.

      Delete
    2. No hidden or double meaning intended Andrew, just my usual florid style of language.

      Delete
  6. Unfortunately I don't know them at all ! All (or nearly all) starts of "yesterday" lost their hairs !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gattina, how is Plastic Bertrand's hair?

      Delete
  7. I saw the doco on Jamie, what a beautiful soul he is. Must be hard to have a twin brother and see him go through what he did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, I know who you are talking about, but no idea of anyone going through anything.

      Delete
    2. Here you go: http://www.abc.net.au/arts/stories/s3698618.htm

      Delete
    3. Thanks Fen. That looks interesting. I missed it at the time.

      Delete
  8. Yup I remember the Daddo bros, as you say they popped up everywhere.. Cameron has a role on 'Packed to the Rafters' he's definitely still a cutie pie, ageing very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I half watch that show and I don't recall seeing him in it. I will ask R.

      Delete
  9. Yep, they were all cuties and still are....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kath, I am amazed at how old the are. Luckily we are ageless.

      Delete
  10. Movie stars, Alec Baldwin and brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. River, me and popular American culture? I assumed Baldwin is American. I know nothing. Ah, ok, nice when he was young.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, the ubiquitous Daddos ... they were all interchangeable to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Red, does that mean you took little interest in them or 'liked' them all.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Andrew, thanks for the link but no that wasn't me talking on PM. Maybe it was Andrew Mercado?

    Too many Andrews around here these days :)

    Cheers,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed Andrew. Just a hunch and I was wrong. As you say, too many Andrews.

      Delete