Friday, March 29, 2013

What is going on here?

I am a Twitter user but I rarely tweet. I don't have the time to devote to it. I think one of the last times I tweeted anything, I suggested the Queen might be taking down a portrait of herself from her wall. It was a cryptic tweet, but I expected a media explosion to follow. Nothing. That was months ago.

Let me make it clear here and now. I just googled Rolf Harris arrested and there is not one Australian mainstream media link coming up. I put his name into a couple of Australian newspaper's search areas, and nothing. Australian media is pretty well free to say anything about him, within libel laws. There is no threat to any pending legal action in England from what is said in Australia.

What is going on here? Surely this is news.  Eventually it will all come out, so why is our media not reporting the matter. They don't have to make a scandal of it. A simple, 'Rolf Harris has been arrested on charges of...'.

Related, ex ABC personality Andy Muirhead has been released from prison in Tasmania. He sure got off lightly as far as his sentence goes, but who would now possibly employ him. Prison was the lesser punishment he received. The despise from all who liked him was surely worse.

14 comments:

  1. So sad. Richard Griffith has passed on. Found that out on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was great Michael. I remember him best for Pie in the Sky.

      Delete
  2. Nooooooooo! Not Rolf Harris! Seriously is that who they're talking about! Sacre bleu!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what happened. I only know that I leave twitting to the birds !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rolf Harris??
    Arrested?
    Are you kidding? What the heck for?

    I remember racing home from school to watch The Rolf Harris Show, with those big paintings he used to do with buckets of paint and big house painting brushes. That's what inspired me to buy huge brushes and give my kids one each plus buckets of water to "paint" the house and fence each school holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, he is mixed up in that Jimmy Savile business. Sad stuff as like you, I admired him.

      Delete
  5. Are there any ordinary blokes left?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me, R, ToH and your son in law, for a start. Some just don't seem to have that cut off point where they reach the stage where they tell themselves, no, this is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. poor Andy.
    I go to Twitter for any news. It's there before anywhere else. I never Tweet myself, but I do reply to other Tweeters(Bloggers) I know.
    Tonight I read somebody say that if Jesus landed in Rome and saw The Vatican City and all the stupendous gold luxury he would certainly not think that it was connected to anything he ever suggested.
    Hope you are enjoying chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, I use it much the same as you do.

      When the great wealth redistribution by the Catholic church happens.......

      A little chocolate goes a long way for me.

      Delete
  8. I love twitter, as you know. I find out most of my news via twitter, it's often there long before it hits the 'proper' media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Fen. All you need is to follow a couple of top tweeters and you get news very quickly.

      Delete