Monday, March 18, 2013

Diary 13 March Pt 2 14 March

Wednesday 13 Mar Pt 2

Join the queue for the ferry and watch her arrive and unload. We boarded and it was a very pleasant trip across. Water police were undergoing training exercises from two boats. Some police were on board when we left and although no more boarded, they had many turns at raising the device with a wire ladder up the side of the ferry.

We drove to the Rosebud Hotel for a refreshing drink and then home along the freeway. I remember the miserable drive between the two existing freeways, south of and through Frankston and what a difference the new linking freeway makes. It took us one hour from Rosebud to home.

'Ere she is.

Her maws open.

Bye bye Queenscliff.



Hello Sorrento.

The cops are after us.

Accidental snap.

Hello Officers.

 The wealthy enclave of Sorrento, home to those with fake tans and waxed legs, and that is just him.

There was an incident along the way on the way home. A stupid driver moved across into my lane and I had to swerve out of her way. Had it had been wet, I could have lost control. She was texting, my passengers informed me, and not even a wave of sorry. Texting on a busy motorway at 80 km/h. Outrageous. With a car full of witnesses, why can't we report such life threatening behaviour like we can for smoking exhausts and littering?

Take away fish and chips for dinner.

Thur Mar 14

We all caught the tram to the city and K&J returned to Vic Market while R and I went on to Carlton for R to renew his driving license. We dropped in for some shopping at QV and spent the afternoon chilling at home. K&J were supposed to go from the market to the free day at Grand Prix but just had to revist Chloe at Young and Jacksons Hotel where the met some of their own countrymen and stayed at the pub talking, arriving home in time for dinner, lamb chops and vegetables.

13 comments:

  1. It's a very nice ferry. From where to where?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to ask the very same thing! If it was to Tasmania, I would much rather sail by ferry than fly. More restful and more scenic.

      Delete
    2. Bill, Queenscliff to Sorrento, just across Port Phillip Bay.

      Hels, when we went to Tassie, it was so much cheaper to fly and hire a car than take the car on the ferry.

      Delete
  2. I remember the shocker of a drive back to Melb via Rosebud too - glad to hear that the freeway makes a difference.

    IF ONLY you could report bad driving like you can littering and exhaust from cars, esp now that mobile phones can film the culprits doing it. Ahem, as long as the dobbing DRIVER isn't using his mobile phone to catch it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kath, I really wonder what is so urgent for people that they need to answer a phone or text while driving.

      Delete
  3. That's a huge ferry! Much bigger than the 'round the harbor' one I took a ride on. How many cars does it hold?
    I think I need another ferry ride soon, I quite enjoyed going around the harbor. Maybe a trip to Kangaroo Island should be looked into. (for me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, while I don't know the figure, the ferry holds a lot of cars and trucks. I reckon you should take yourself off on a holiday.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I'd love a trip to Kangaroo Island, River.

    However, the Queenscliff to Sorrento ferry is a nice ride [tho a tad expensive].

    Was stuck behind a woman on Albert Rd the other night, mid forties? doing between 30-40 kms, hogging the only lane, wandering, pencil in right hand and her eye and hand on left seat most of the time. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FC, Sister uses the ferry quite often and as a local person, gets 15% off, which helps. It should be subsidised for people who use it as public transport.

      You can tell what the road wanderers are up to.

      Delete
  5. Biggest ferry I've ever seen!! Awesome pictures Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Keith, not as large as the one that travels from my state of Victoria to Tasmania, but yes, it is quite large. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Looks fun.

    Driving and texting...very annoying AND terrifying.

    Glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dina, I have no idea how I would write about my own death. I would have to get someone else to do it.

      Delete