Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The eyes have it

I had my biennial eye test yesterday. All is well and since I seem to take after my father, my eyes will be ok. I am getting close to outliving my father, so I hope I only have some of his genes. I use reading glasses rated 1.5 and computer glasses at 1.

I reported the result to R once I was home. He asked if I wasn't told that I need glasses. No. Are you sure? Yes, I am sure. R seemed very puzzled that I wasn't told that I needed glasses. I am long sighted. I have perfect vision once past a couple of metres or so.

R thinks I need some kind of tri focal glasses maybe because I carry around two pairs of glasses. I have my reading glasses, and my computer glasses, which are also essential for use in museums, galleries, libraries, the supermarket, plant trimming, eating, cleaning and a lot more. I only buy el cheapo glasses from el cheapo shops.

8 comments:

  1. I agree with R because i've been wearing tri focal glasses for many years and they were recommended by my eye doctor. Keep using el cheapo glasses from el cheapo shops and you'll end up with el cheapo eyesight or even worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Windsmoke. I am thinking about it.

      Delete
  2. I have multi focals, they're done well, without the line thing. So I can wear my reading glasses all the time if need be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, the technology for specs is pretty good now. As above, I am considering.

      Delete
  3. I'm overdue for my eye test by about a year. I know I need new glasses because I can't see properly from any of the three pairs I own. I'm long sighted and cross eyed, so finding glasses that suit me is difficult. The pair I wear the most are the bi-focals.
    I really should make that appointment soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I mainly do the eye test for eye health. The pair you wear most? So you have more than one pair.

      Delete
  4. Hello Andrew:
    We are so myopic that we are almost glued to the computer screen in order to read what is written there. Eye tests are so important as is the very best of eyewear in order to protect one's eyesight, a precious gift indeed. Do not economise in this regard.....think of something else to give up instead!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JayLa, money would for Harrods tea would be better spent on spectacles?

      Delete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.