Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Witness

Thank you to Victor to steering me to the BBC's Witness programme podcasts. It speaks of modern history, in a digestible twelve minute bite.

I remember a term from the past, cheat sheet, which was for broadcasters who had to interview someone and they had not boned up on the subject. The broadcaster read the cheat sheet which was a summary of salient points about the person and or their work.

That is essentially what Witness is. I am Australian and I should know about the bodyline cricket incidents, but as I am not really interested in cricket, I did not know exactly what it was about. From a twelve minute podcast, I had a good grasp of the overall.

This is a cracker, among many to listen to, Dusty Springfield touring South Africa. Ah, I do actually know about it already, but it will be worth listening to.

Of course this is just a supplement to the many wonderful ABC podcasts I download and listen to.

6 comments:

  1. I have heard of podcasts but never listened to any. So much technology to learn and so little time. I got a book about learning to use my iPad and a new camera lens for Christmas. That will keep me busy all year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, they are fairly simple to get now, unlike in the past. If you have an ITunes, then quite easy I think. Funny how people who are not so young like a book of instructions, myself included.

      Delete
  2. 'Witness' podcasts kept me entertained and educated on my flight to Brisbane and I have plenty more up my sleeve for the return flight on Saturday..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeps the airport boredom at bay Victor.

      Delete
  3. One more thing I'll probably never get around to. I don't have any interest in that sort of thing. Podcasts, I mean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boring if we were all the same River.

      Delete