Tuesday, December 18, 2012

They are just good friends

Remember the photos of my great uncle I found in Mother's wardrobe a few years ago?

I rather like photos like the above that leave you wondering, so when I came across a website with lots of those sort of often suggestive photos, I subscribed to it. Many of the photos have a military focus.

The owner of the site is known as Miss Magnolia Thunderpussy, also the name of Melbourne drag identity who was around in the nineties. I cannot establish a connection between the two.

http://www.ipernity.com/doc/57114/home/doc

8 comments:

  1. That photo looks like a scene from a Baz Luhrmann movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, while I know what you mean, it is not like any Luhrmann movie I have seen.

      Delete
  2. Do you think the photo was taken in Australia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, give they look like negroes, I doubt it. Somewhere free and easy in the US, would be my guess.

      Delete
  3. Reminds me of a scene in a Dr Who episode, or maybe it was Torchwood, where Captain Jack Harkness was dancing with a male partner after being transported back to the 1940s when he recognised music coming from an abandoned old dance hall in 2006.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only saw a little of the show River, but yes, I can imagine that scene well.

      Delete
  4. Oh just the fact that there's someone out there called Miss Magnolia Thunderpussy made me smile! Did you ever see 'Tipping the Velvet'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, it is a great drag name. I did see Tipping the Velvet. They are doing what???

      Delete