Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sunday Selections

Today is Sunday, or as I sometimes know it, River's Sunday Selection Day. Here are a few random photos.

We took refuge from the christmas crowds in Bourke Street Mall to a quieter part of Bourke Street.

 Looking skyward in Bourke Street Mall. The dangling bell shapes light up at night.

Manny is visiting from Malaysia again and brought us this fantastic calendar. The only problem is we don't have a wall big enough to put it on. The prints inside are so beautiful, they could be framed. Err, the dates are in English.

'What's that awful smell?' It was graffiti artists at work, off Bourke Street Mall. It was the paint and not them that smelt. If you like a meaty rear, there is one for you delectation.

My father had an HR Holden. Tailights aside, it did not look very much like this.

The sun rises in the east over the Dandenongs and the eastern suburbs. Is that a con trail? Is the government dropping gas on us to make us work harder and complain less? (You think I would have learnt my lesson about mentioning such things after the fluoride post)

And the sun sets in the west, over Port Phillip Bay. Well, we hope so. This is a scheduled post composed before the end of the world last Friday. If you are reading this now, everything is probably ok. Keep calm and carry on.

12 comments:

  1. I remember an old italian fella at work saying one day that when you visit a doctors surgery they spray something in the air to make you sick so you have to come back again. I had no doubt in my mind that we'd still be here after Friday a real fizzer just like Y2K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windsmoke, you have reminded me the first thing we did when we got home on New Year's morning was pick up the phone to see if there was dial tone, and then turn on the computer.

      Delete
  2. Ya gotta find somewhere to hang that beautiful calendar.Must go check your flouride post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still thinking about it Diane.

      Delete
  3. meaty rear indeed! Will the calendar not fit on the back of the toilet door or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a calendar already for that space Fen.

      Delete
  4. Oooh! Nice bum!
    I really like the Bourke St Mall sky decorations. Will we see a future photo of the lit bells at night?
    I LOVE the HR Holden sofa, is that in a 60s themed milk bar?
    Now about that calendar, which is beautiful BTW, like Fen said, hang it on the back of the loo door? Or...shove aside "this" cupboard a bit, move "that other thing" out of the way and hang the calendar. When the year is over, get the pictures framed and hang them in rows somewhere. Do you have a hallway?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, sorry, no night photos. But I do have some other christmas themed night photos coming up. We are pretty well full of art that we want. The hall has my grandmother's dressing table mirror on it, and a couple of other paintings.

      Delete
  5. HAha! Maybe it was just me who made it through to the post-apocalyptic world after spending doomsday on the beach ...

    I won't know until I read a non-scheduled post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real time comment Red. I am alive.

      Delete
  6. Never mind the world being over, i'll be glad when the festivities are over. Too much of everything!! Btw I love your composition in the second shot, clever thinking Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too really Grace. I seldom have time to compose photos when R is with me. It was a lucky shot.

      Delete

Whenever I wish I was young again, I am sobered by memories of algebra.